Tacos al Carbon

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

catlee
PV Fan
PV Fan
Tacos al Carbon

Post by catlee » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Is the tacos al cabon place next to Cafe Olla still in business at that same location? We enjoyed their food last Feb.

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:09 am

Yes Takos Panchos is still open. It opens around 6pm I think.

catlee
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by catlee » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:31 am

Gracias, Mikey!!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:29 am

Yum!!!! Loved that place.....Hey....tried a "hole in the wall" place at Christmas close to Manana's....I have NO idea where it was...:)

Anyone have an idea?? They had super good beef tacos...Our new friend ordered for us and they were cheap and delicious! Full of locals...

garyrbeck
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

al pastor

Post by garyrbeck » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:31 pm

chrisnick wrote:Yum!!!! Loved that place.....Hey....tried a "hole in the wall" place at Christmas close to Manana's....I have NO idea where it was...:)

Anyone have an idea?? They had super good beef tacos...Our new friend ordered for us and they were cheap and delicious! Full of locals...
Manana is on V.Carranza. Cannot place your spot. Do not forget Pepe's Tacos for al pastor but for closeness to me and quality, I always turn to Takos Pancho. Got my latest edition of Beck's Best just uploaded to cafepress after tons of notes of closings and some very fine openings adding to the quality of dining in PV, 2nd now only to MX DF, passing Guadal.

8)

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 pm

Love Takos Panchos as well.....This place I hadn't seen before. I will admit I may have had a few too many.....Somewhere between Roxy's and Manana's...LOL...I'll look for it this weekend!! WooHoo!!

chefcman
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Takos Panchos

Post by chefcman » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Yes still there and the best in town IMHO. Open everyday cept sunday, 5pm or so until 2am.

Sit there and laugh at the people online to go to Cafe de Olla.

garyrbeck
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Tacos

Post by garyrbeck » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Me thinks me knows this illustrious chef poster. He loves his tacos, just ask. How about a blurb about El Guero? Takos Pancho's is the tops, higher IMHO than Pepe's whch wins best all the time. Funny addition: I told the mesero [long gone] eons ago that they mispelled tacos and he smiled and said with a wink that is how Amercans spell it. I went ooooh...

:shock: