Another TUTI FRUTI Request

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

MelissaFilerId
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Another TUTI FRUTI Request

Post by MelissaFilerId » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Without a doubt, I'm impatient, but I was kind of surprised that there've been about 20 views, but no response to my request. I'm beginning to have the horrible feeling that Tuti Fruti is history. Maybe not though, so I'm posting address and phone number hoping that somebody who happens to be in the neighborhood might check, or maybe even someone would call. I'm afraid I'll get there without knowing if there around. I'd hate to miss them if they are and if they've moved, my Spanish, which gets pretty sketchy when it comes to directions, won't be adequate to clearing up the mystery.
So, if someone wants to do some sleuthing, for me, here you go. I'd be grateful.
TUTI FRUTI Tradition since 1969.
Morelos # 484 Altos Downtown
(322) 222 0589

Muchísimas Gracias, Melissa

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Sorry, I have never heard of it or seen any reviews of it.

MelissaFilerId
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by MelissaFilerId » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:55 pm

It WAS at the corner of Matamoros and Allende. Lots of reviews, even Fodor's and USA Today, but it's come up MIA in any recent reviews, though it's still on lots of restaurant lists.

It was a classic, stools only, hole-in-the-wall that made the best fresh fruit drinks and great tortas.

The phone number in the various reviews is 322/222-1068. If anyone wants to give that a shot for me, I'd be grateful - and owe them a fruit smoothie.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:05 am

I love that place too!!! Have been there many times over the years, but not recently..........

I emailed my girlfriend who will know the answer!! I'll let you know when she replies........

MelissaFilerId
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Tuti Fruti

Post by MelissaFilerId » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Thanks, Gemini! I'll be anxiously awaiting....I'm at D -eparture Day minus 6, so will be happy to have an answer. I hope they're still around and people who've missed that particular pleasure will be turned on to it, if they read this.
Melissa

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:01 pm

My friend was not sure if it is still there!!! She noted that when they are in PV, they have been making their own smoothies at home, with yogurt, bananas, and frozen strawberries (and whatever other fruit you want), and fruit juice.

So sorry! They make pretty good smoothies at restaurant Fredy's Tucan on Basilio Badillo. great breakfasts there too. we always split as the portions are huge. also we buy fresh squeezed orange juice or carrot juice from the family at the stand in front of Guadalajara Pharmacia or at the stand near the beach near Cafe Maximilian. You can also get some fun small pastries in Guadalajara Pharmacia.

Have fun!!