Walking Distance

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Cgroves17
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Walking Distance

Post by Cgroves17 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:16 pm

Hello all, new to the forum here and new to PV. Our first trip is looking like March and we might be staying at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Resort. Are there any good restaurants within walking distance to the resort?

We have never done an AI before as I love my food adventures! This trip is a gift from my inlaws and they will be traveling along. They are awesome!
We usually go to Playa del Carmen which I hear is very different from PV.

Thanks to all for any info and always look forward to learning about a new destination!

Cheers!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Ochos Tostadas is across the main boulevard behind the Goodyear Tire Store. It is one of my favorite places to go for lunch. They are not open for dinner so it would have to be a lunch option for you. I have heard good things about Blake's Sports Bar which is right there in the plaza on the street side. The bus stops out in front of the resort on the main street. Take the bus marked "Centro" and go to the Malecon (get off where the bus turns) for great people watching and many restaurants or you can stay on the bus and ride it all the way to the South side. Once it crosses the bridge get off and walk all around you will find many great restaurants. Also the River Cuale is a great place to browse through shops and there are a couple of good restaurants there also. If you really like to walk, you can walk along the malecon over to the south side and you will end up at some of the beach front restaurants/bars.

Taxis are also readily available in front of your resort.

Cgroves17
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Cgroves17 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:50 am

Thanks for the suggestions! Love eating where the locals eat. I was reading on TA about the Ochos place and i seems they are open for dinner now.
Keep em coming please if anyone has anything else to add. I just love food!
When we go to PDC we actually eat about as much Italian as we do Mexican. Rotating really...Italian, Mexican, Seafood...repeat! I read good things about La Piazette too. Can't wait!

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Cgroves17

For a really different experience try Tony's La Choza Restaurant in Mismaloya Village. It is another one of my must go to restaurants every trip. You will need to catch a taxi and tell the driver you want to go to Tony's La Choza in Mismaloya Village. Someone did a video of the restaurant and put it on youtube. The restaurant reminds me of a big tree house in the jungle, you do have to climb steps, so if mobility is an issue it would not be a good choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm-RF-nOmhI

Good to hear Ochos is now open for dinner. They have always been open just for lunch, but they have opened locations in the Marina and downtown so I guess they decided to stay open for dinner.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:58 pm

There are several ok restraunts in walking distance but most of the good restraunts are downtown. There are also a couple good bakeries just down the street from pelicanos that have delicious pan dulce to go wi9th your morning coffee. Restraunt on the corner of Pelicanos and the main boulivard serves up a good breakfast, love their chilaquilles.