Si Senor/Blue Shrimp

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Si Senor/Blue Shrimp

Post by canucker » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Blue Shrimp is always a must when we are in PV. Now the old "Oasis" on Playa Los Muertos is Si Senor. Is this a second Blue Shrimp Restaurant or have they moved and renamed?

We always stay in Old Town so it is easier to get to there, but only if it's the same.

Can anyone comment on this, please and thanks.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm

It is the same.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 pm

They closed the original Blue Shrimp but opened a second Si Senor in front of the Emperador hotel. Check when you are here because the live entertainment is shared between the 2 beachfront locations if that matters to you.

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canucker » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Up until our last visit in February, I had Blue Shrimp High on my list of to do's but I am disappointed to report that that is no more.

When ever we went for dinner at the original downtown location, the food was well presented, high quality, good quantity and awesome service. Not sure why, but Blue Shrimp isn't what it was that made me look forward to my return. Sign of the times? New location too expensive?

The service was still good, not great, the beach location (where the Oasis was) is spectacular with a beautiful view of the sunset and the interior decor provided a nice atmosphere. However, the food quality was so so & tasted greasy, the shrimp are now only available in 2 sizes (the new jumbo size was about the same size as a medium used to be) and and the solo entertainer was terrible. What happened to Mariachi? This guy couldn't carry a tune and was actually irritating while we tried to eat.

We found that the Coconut Shrimp Dinner at the Sea Monkey was a fraction of the price and tasted better than the Blue Shrimp.

Sorry to say when I return to PV, Blue Shrimp will NOT be on my list!!!