Memo's Pancake House - DINNER!

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Kevin
Memo's Pancake House - DINNER!

Post by Kevin » Mon Apr 30, 2001 11:46 pm

Memo's Pancake House is a fabulous place for breakfast (served until 2 pm), located on Basilio Badillo street (south of the Rio Cuale). This is very celebrated by both locals and tourists alike.

I recommend even more that you eat dinner there (served after 4 or 5 pm). The owner is very proud of striving for authentic Mexican food in a clean, accessible, mainstream restaurant. The menu has some great soups, meats, and various authentic dishes that you don't see everywhere. A nice break from the Americanized fajita and seafood menus that seem to predominate everywhere. The quesadillas with 2 types of mushrooms and zucchini flowers (no cheese) was a very tasty and unknown Mexican dish to me - it has no cheese. The mole poblano (chicken) was fabulous - the sauce is days old and tastes great. The beef stew with tomatillo sauce was also wonderful. And my favorite were the three types of fresh salsas - the chipotle is to die for!

Please check out this restaurant for dinner, so it gets the business that it already fosters so well for breakfast.

Jennybean

Re:Memo's Pancake House - DINNER!

Post by Jennybean » Tue May 01, 2001 7:19 pm

I don't think there will be any worries about dinner patrons.....when I was there in February, the place was busy every night. I never made it in this past trip, but it's on the list for the next one. The problem with PV is that you need to be there 2 months to hit all the great places to eat at least once!