Pipi's/Jungle Restaurants??

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Jamie
Pipi's/Jungle Restaurants??

Post by Jamie » Tue May 01, 2001 1:54 pm

I have read many recommendations for dinner at Pipis - when I checked their web site, they show a Sunday brunch - anyone tried it??

Also, I believe the restaurant where Predator was filmed was "EDEN". I think that El Set is associated with Conchas Chinas and has a sunset view. Chico's Paradise is a jungle restaurant but NOT the site of the film Predator. (At least that is what I have read...) Jamie

Jennybean

Re:Pipi's/Jungle Restaurants??

Post by Jennybean » Tue May 01, 2001 7:15 pm

Met someone in February who does brunch at Pipi's every trip.....she said it's great, less busy than the dinner shift, so you get to sit and enjoy everything.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed May 02, 2001 6:21 pm

Jennybean,
Thanks for the info - I found another site for Pipis that describes the Sunday Brunch - I didn't realize it was a buffet - not my favorite thing but they serve unlimited champagne which is my favorite thing!! :) This is getting really difficult - we are only going to be in PV for 4 nights and there are far too many good restaurants to choose from!!! Thanks again, Jamie

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu May 03, 2001 5:02 pm

I'll warn you now that when you get home you will book a return trip as soon as possible - you'll be hooked. Not only is PV a great place to go and relax, it's a culinary delight. One of my favorite things to do on vacation is find great places to eat, little known, out of the way joints that serve fabulous meals and have great ambience. You would have to be there about 2 months to go to all of the great places to eat and drink. I have a top 10 list of places, and I think I might have to expand to a top 20!

Have a great time!

Terry

Post by Terry » Sun May 06, 2001 7:42 pm

Very good place to dine. However be prepared to wait in line. Well worth the wait.

Alain

Post by Alain » Thu May 10, 2001 7:52 pm

Jungle restaurant u r talking about is near Chino's Paradise instead of Chicos. a bit north from Chicos . 8)

mikie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mikie » Wed May 23, 2001 3:01 am

Jennybean (May 03, 2001 12:02 p.m.):
Can you give me a list of some of the great places to dine that you have enjoyed? In your message, you mention a list of about 20.

tj

Post by tj » Thu May 24, 2001 11:06 pm

Pipi's Sunday brunch was good when the price was 50 pesos. Now they charge about as much as the Sheraton, they don't have a view like the Sheraton, and the food isn't as good and they don't have the variety. Try the Sunday brunch at the Westin Regina.

If you like Pipi's food, try his brothers place Casa Fregoso. He's got the chef that worked at Pipi's for several years, and his prices are about 20% lower for the same quality/quantity.

El Eden is where Predator 2 was filmed. El Set is a beautiful restaurant in Conchas Chinas.

Any more questions - I live in PV.
Jamie (May 01, 2001 08:54 a.m.):
I have read many recommendations for dinner at Pipis - when I checked their web site, they show a Sunday brunch - anyone tried it??

Also, I believe the restaurant where Predator was filmed was "EDEN". I think that El Set is associated with Conchas Chinas and has a sunset view. Chico's Paradise is a jungle restaurant but NOT the site of the film Predator. (At least that is what I have read...) Jamie