Just returned-thoughts on Food etc.

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

RL
Just returned-thoughts on Food etc.

Post by RL » Fri Jun 01, 2001 9:33 pm

Hi All,

Just returned from my 8th trip to PV & thought I'd share thoughts since these boards are always such a help to me:

Loved:

Adobe Cafe (but it's closing for the summer)
Fajita Republic (fast, cheap, and plenty of it)
La Piazetta (great thin crust pizza and pasta)
Daiquiri Dicks (better than we remembered-new menu)
Miguelito's (great value for the price and nice owners)

Didn't Love:

Le Kliff (despite good reviews, something made me sick! and pricey too)
Le Bistro (loved it for years-had a very disappointing lunch)
Bogart's (another old favorite that has gone downhill-overcooked & overpriced, but such nice staff)

We did two excursions: a snorkeling trip on the Cielito Lindo to Los Arcos & Los Animas. Good crew, and they didn't do the usual tequila games (maybe because of all the senior trip teenagers on board? Oh well, it was nice to have a cruise where the emphasis wasn't entirely on the booze).

The other excursion was a highlight of the trip--we took a day trip all the way to Tequila, which is about 20 miles or so from Guadalajara. Tour went way north on 200 past Sayulita, then turned inland to the town of Tequila, which a very prosperous and cute place. We saw volcanoes, sugar cane fields, incredible lava fields, tons of little towns, and visited a plantation owned by Sauza. Walked among the agave and even got to plant some. Then donned hard hats and toured the Sauza plant, including seeing distillation and bottling of Hornitos. Had lunch in the Sauza hacienda courtyard, and all the Hornitos and Tres Generations you could enjoy.

I enjoy PV as much as anyone, but it was really nice to get into the interior of Mexico a bit and see some little towns away from the coast... we learned a lot and had a great time.

Also, we stayed at the Camino Real for the first time... yes, it's a little pricey but we really enjoyed the place. We were in need of some peace & quiet and a bit of pampering. I can't say enough kind things about the staff. Also the location is so convenient to the South Side!

Until next year!
Rebecca

Sabine

Re:Just returned-thoughts on Food etc.

Post by Sabine » Sat Jun 23, 2001 5:37 pm

Hi! When you'll go to p.v. for your 9th time, you have to visit the My Rueda restaurant. Good food, nice service (friend of mine is 50% owner) oh and a new nightclub will be opened in december 2001, it's called Nachomamma's and it will be in the hotel zone, so you have to check out that one too!! I can't wait to go again either, actually I was thinking of finding a job up there when Í've finished my studies....

Sabine