bucerias dining question

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

searles
bucerias dining question

Post by searles » Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:29 pm

had a friend who was in pv a few years ago. he said there are couple of places in bucerias that served some excellent seafood at a reasonable price. does anyone have any experiences or possible names of the places he may have eaten at
thanks

Sas

Re:bucerias dining question

Post by Sas » Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:18 am

Hi - I've posted this reply on the General Travel Tips area under the post "Destiladeras" but here it is again....some of our favorites in Bucerias:

Cafe Magaña - our hands-down favorite-wonderful ribs, chicken, salads...you name it, it's good
Pacha's & Dugarel's- yummy seafood. Dugarel's has the spiciest fresh salsa I've ever had down there-very addictive!
Famar's (on the highway) - again, everthing here is great. Be sure to leave room for the flan for dessert - awesome!
Capri - good food - look out for the magaritas-interesting trying to walk after two of them.

Feel free to email me directly if you'd like any other info on Bucerias...it's a wonderful town that you'll fall in love with.

sandra
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sandra » Thu Apr 18, 2002 12:53 am

You should try "El Veneno", great sea food for a fare prixe. Try going to Punta de Mita. Even better.
Enjoy¡¡¡

sandra
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by sandra » Thu Apr 18, 2002 12:53 am

You should try "El Veneno", great sea food for a fare prize. Try going to Punta de Mita. Even better.
Enjoy¡¡¡

Penny

Post by Penny » Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:50 pm

I'm looking for the easiest way to get to Bucerias, from the Qualton Hotel, and do you have any recommendations for fun bars to go to?

Sas (Mar 17, 2002 11:18 p.m.):
Hi - I've posted this reply on the General Travel Tips area under the post "Destiladeras" but here it is again....some of our favorites in Bucerias:

Cafe Magaña - our hands-down favorite-wonderful ribs, chicken, salads...you name it, it's good
Pacha's & Dugarel's- yummy seafood. Dugarel's has the spiciest fresh salsa I've ever had down there-very addictive!
Famar's (on the highway) - again, everthing here is great. Be sure to leave room for the flan for dessert - awesome!
Capri - good food - look out for the magaritas-interesting trying to walk after two of them.

Feel free to email me directly if you'd like any other info on Bucerias...it's a wonderful town that you'll fall in love with.

ortsac66

Post by ortsac66 » Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:21 pm

Meson Bay is wonderful...not cheap, but not overpriced. Seafood selections include shrimp quesadilla, shrimp-stuffed avocado, seafood soup, lobster, plus plenty of non-seafood selections. It is on the beach under a palapa. It is just south of the painted bridge (south of the town square). You can enter from the beach or from Lazaro Cardenas. We ate here almost every night for one week, even just 2 days after Hurricane Kenna. The food and the staff are wonderful!

littlear
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by littlear » Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:22 am

Hi, we will be going for two weeks from Dec 25 till Jan 6. Please advise me about the state of restaurants, ie Dugarel, etc, the ones on the beach, and how they fared after the Hurricane. Are they still operating? Thanks, littlear@hotmail.com

Agony Aunt Bil

Post by Agony Aunt Bil » Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:08 am

A good, clean and cheap restaurant in Bucerias is called FAMAR.

Agony Aunt Bil

Post by Agony Aunt Bil » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:49 pm

Actually just to give you an idea of the prices at Famar, a group of us (10 adults) were there last night. We ate hearty meals and some had desserts, including drinks the bill came to 790 pesos total. You can't beat the prices and size of the servings.

Sas

Famar's restaurant

Post by Sas » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:45 am

I too agree that Famar's is GREAT. Tell me Aunt Agony Bill, did you have their flan for dessert? It is ABSOLUTELY the best !!!!!!

Agony Aunt Bil

Post by Agony Aunt Bil » Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:28 am

Four of us had the ice cream, no flan this time.

littlear
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by littlear » Sat Dec 07, 2002 5:55 pm

Agony Aunt Bil (Nov 23, 2002 11:08 p.m.):
A good, clean and cheap restaurant in Bucerias is called FAMAR.
Where is this restaurant? I want to do during Christmas week. littlear@hotmail.com

Agony Aunt Bil

Post by Agony Aunt Bil » Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:44 am

Coming from PV, as you enter Bucerias take the first lateral and go through the first set of lights and about a block further on the right hand side is Famar.

fred

Post by fred » Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:59 pm

searles (Mar 16, 2002 08:29 a.m.):
had a friend who was in pv a few years ago. he said there are couple of places in bucerias that served some excellent seafood at a reasonable price. does anyone have any experiences or possible names of the places he may have eaten at
thanks
One place I love in Bucerias is Paraiso Perdido (lost paradise) great shrimp dishes..In La Cruz, a little farther out there are several good restaurants as well..