rooftop restaurant???

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

fig
rooftop restaurant???

Post by fig » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:56 am

We went to PV many years ago (8?) . Ate at neat place downtown, could see the church. Multi level, semi-expensive. is it still there? any one know the name?

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:rooftop restaurant???

Post by pvdeb » Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:44 pm

Sounds like El Panorama on top of the La Siesta Suites Hotel. Yes it's still there. Food is pricy but pretty good. Sunset is a must, then you can watch the city lights come on and if lucky, the Marigalante will shoot off fireworks and a fully-lighted cruise ship will cross the bay. Very picturesque.

labernst

Post by labernst » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:23 pm

Or, it could be Ah Carumba! Delightful!

susana

Post by susana » Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:30 pm

I really like the rooftop bar at Los Cuatro Vientos hotel/Chez Elena restaurant (but that doesn't fit the description of the one you're looking for). Nevertheless... great place for sunset drinks.

slfdaf
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by slfdaf » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:51 pm

labernst (Jan 11, 2004 01:23 p.m.):
Ah Carumba was the best place We have eaten at in PV!! If you haven't tried it you should.

fig

Post by fig » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:41 am

thanks for all the help! I'll check them out.

jminchow

Post by jminchow » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:10 am

fig (Jan 12, 2004 10:41 p.m.):

jminchow

Post by jminchow » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:14 am

jminchow (Jan 13, 2004 08:10 p.m.):
fig (Jan 12, 2004 10:41 p.m.):
julie and i got married at the el panorama on feb 14 2000. barry paige and senior garcia did a bang up job along with tamara morales, we could not have done it with out her. of the 50 guests that we had there that night i would think half have been back since. the hotel is also affordable and convenient.

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:11 pm

Another option, La casa de las Garzas. I think the name is correct. Was there 2 years ago for a special dinner and the food was really good and a fantastic view. The tour of the casa has sold me on spanish style living spaces, hope to live like that when I retire.

Matt in MI

Post by Matt in MI » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:29 pm

fig (Jan 10, 2004 01:56 a.m.):
We went to PV many years ago (8?) . Ate at neat place downtown, could see the church. Multi level, semi-expensive. is it still there? any one know the name?
I am sure you are talking about El Panorama. I dine there every year on my annual visit. The description is about right, a bit pricey for PV but worth the visit. When you call for resevations ask to sit outside on the rooftop. What a view and very romantic

Suzylighthouse

Post by Suzylighthouse » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:31 am

Speaking of rooftop resturants..how is the lighthouse one? As you can see from my name, I have a facination for them.
This will be my third trip to PV...just love it.. Will be traveling alone this time & staying at the Camino Real, but have friends that live 9 months of the year there..talk about "livin" huh?? Thanks for any info...heading out Monday morning...weather permitting ...Grrrrrrr

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:21 pm

LIght house is nice... get there early for the sunsets...

Say hello to my dear dear Friend Ana Ramirez at the Camino Reall.... she is a wonderful young lady... and will take very good care of you... she is in guest relations and sales....

have a great time in PV

jfinlay
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by jfinlay » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:30 am

Can you please provide directions to Ah Carumba. Thanks. ( Only 9 more sleeps. Was -34 Celcius with a windchill of -54;Celcius wamed up from -58 windchill the other day).

mikeneubauer
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mikeneubauer » Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:33 am

JJ18 (Jan 29, 2004 07:30 p.m.):
Can you please provide directions to Ah Carumba. Thanks. ( Only 9 more sleeps. Was -34 Celcius with a windchill of -54;Celcius wamed up from -58 windchill the other day).
JJ,sounds like your western canada as am I.Looking forward to hitting pv in 8 more sleeps.Can't wait to lose the winter wear for a week.

jfinlay
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by jfinlay » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:49 am

To Sparky, yes you're right. To all those in Western Canada hang in there. This is the coldest I can remember in all my years. Thinking of all the wonderful restaurants in PV is helping a little, remembering all the good times we've had in PV in the past and looking forward to the new ones this year.
With respect to the topic:
A beautiful rooftop restaurant is El Panorama for a special dinner ( a little pricey)as a previous post stated)with a lovely location and view , good service and food when we were there.
Still looking for directions to Ah Carumba and what type of restaurant is it - food and price wise.
Thanks. ( Did I mention Only 9 more sleeps!)

Pickle

Post by Pickle » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:26 pm

What's the address to El Panorama?

jfinlay
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by jfinlay » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:43 pm

El Panorama is on top of the Hotel La Siesta - Book I have gives address as Josefa Ortiz De Dominguez & Miramar ( map shows 4 blocks south past McDonalds then 5 blocks east away from ocean).

pvmike

Post by pvmike » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:22 pm

To me it sounds like Los Cuatros Vientos - great restaurant downstairs and very impressive rooftop bay.
fig (Jan 10, 2004 01:56 a.m.):