Good Wine?????

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tim
PV Fan
PV Fan
Good Wine?????

Post by tim » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:17 pm

Can anyone give me a name of a good red wine? We have tried several in the past and can't seem to find one we like. We drink valpolicella at home and would like something that compares to that. We would like to buy some for our condo as well....where is the best place to buy it?? A good white wine would be appreciated too! We usually drink Pinot Grigio at home.Any suggestions????

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Good Wine?????

Post by randyintucson » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:52 am

Are you talking about buying wine in a restaurant, at the store at home or a store in Mexico? How much do you want to spend? If you are not a regular wine drinker, what someone else likes may not appeal to you at all. If you are talking about buying wine in a restaurant, and this is the restaurant section, I would look for advice from my server or waiter before seeking advice in a forum like this. Good luck.

susana

Post by susana » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:41 pm

I have bought dry white wines in the local supermercado. Several Mexican labels from the Baja were fine. Also you will see lots of imported U.S. (California, Washington) in the larger stores, but they cost a bit more.

canucker
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by canucker » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:46 pm

Last March we bought some popular Mexican wine, both red and white. I stuck with beer and margaritas. I'm not a wine expert but... it didn't go down like our Okanagan wines. Spoiled I guess.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:56 pm

The liquor store downtown on Juarez sells some great Chilean wines and so does Sam's Club. You don't need a membership at Sam's, just a day pass from the Service Counter.

manfred from ottawa/ca

Post by manfred from ottawa/ca » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:40 pm

how much is the day pass for sams???

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:31 pm

There's no charge for the pass. Where they get you is you pay the regular price, not the member's price. Both prices are usually listed on the item's ticket.