Restaurants

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle
Restaurants

Post by ellen » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:58 am

Have any of you tried Celia's Cenaduria for dinner? It's in the general area of Los Arbolitos and is just a common, ordinary Mexican family restaurant, only open for supper. The food is wonderful, plentiful and pretty cheap. I know some of you must have been there because there are usually several foreigners in the crowd, but if you haven't tried it, I would recommend it. It's not high dining but it is good dining.

McGrady

Re:Restaurants

Post by McGrady » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:50 pm

Thanks for the tip, I'll look for it. :)
Katie

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:49 am

Elena, where is Celia's located in relation to Los Arbolitos and Red Cabbage? Los Arbolitos used to be a very favorite place, but now the food is just kind of ordinary, but the setting as wonderful as always.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:26 pm

Hi Randy:
Sorry to take so long to answer. I had great intentions of looking on a map but never got around to it. If you're coming along the upper bridge from the north, go past the movie theatre and turn left at the Farmacia Guadalajara and it's just up that street. It has a blue light shining over the entrance and doesn't open until 6 PM.

Elena

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:52 pm

I finally found the business card I got the last time we were at Celia's so I can give you the address now. It is at 506 Lazaro Cardenas. The telephone# is 222-27-78. Look for the blue light shining over the door and you're there.

garyrbeck
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Celia's...Restaurants

Post by garyrbeck » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:47 pm

I was turned on to this spot last year...keep it a secret...!

Doña Celia's
Lázaro Cárdenas 506 OT/SS.
6pm- Closed Monday and Tuesday.

Terrific pozole raves Lothar. Combo of pork, chicken and beef is huge and delicious. Best-known for their pozole also offer tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, pickled pork hocks, beer and Dan loves the flan 15p. Crowded especially on weekends so go early before items run out.