Pipi's restaurant

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

usa_canadian
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Pipi's restaurant

Post by usa_canadian » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:31 am

Hey, I'm new to the board, but I'm heading down to PV for my second time, in a couple weeks. I keep hearing great things about Pipi's, but I dont' know where it is!!
Any other restaurant suggestions for those of us on a budget would be appreciated too!!

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Pipi's restaurant

Post by bzy1inpv » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:27 am

I have a HUGE restaurant list with locations, pricing and more...email me (click my envelope) if you want to check it out. I made it as concise as I could....plenty of categories as well, from top picks, to best for view/romantic and breakfast....and more...:)

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:55 pm

Hi Brenda,

Why don't you post your views on Pipi's here. This section is full of restaurant suggestions and comments, based on many users, so you'll get a less biased opinion of a place and a better idea of what is good for you. I will search for more posts on Pipi's and add them here. BTW Brenda, is your list Gary's, if not I'd like to receive it too? I am going down to Vallarta with about 20 family members on the 17th, so it's be good to see what you suggest visiting too.

Greetings

Mogens

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:22 pm

BTW, if you hadn't noticed there is an Eating Out section on this site with a series of restaurants, each with comments by site users (most have comments and/or reviews). http://www.puertovallarta.net/what_to_do/eating_out.php

Kind regards

Mogens

usa_canadian
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by usa_canadian » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:43 am

Thanks for all your help!! bzy, I'll be e-mailing you!
This is such a cool site....I just can't wait to get back to PV again!!!!
Thanks again :)

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:57 am

Pipi's is at Guadalupe Sanchez and Pipila.

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bzy1inpv » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:49 am

Pipis in my opinion is the perfect "kick-off" restaurant to get in the Vallarta vacation mode.
They have excellent margaritas and make the guacamole at the table (take notes peoples!)
I like their fajitas, cannot go wrong there, in fact, I think that is all I have ever eaten there.

One the semi-downside...it is loud! No romantic conversations here! So be prepared, also, I have been with a couple people who have hearing aides and they had a hard time with the noise/music.

Over all, I would not say the food is anything spectacular, but combinging the fun atmosphere with the killer margaritas and guacamole and fajitas, you cannot go wrong. Sometimes there is a long line in high season, but they are very accomodating. If you have a large group, better try to make reservations.

Mogens,
No my restaurant list is purely mine. Gary may have some of my information in his, but mine is a collaberation of my views and legwork and some reviews from my friend Marsha. It is on my site under restaurant guide and has categories for easy searching.

margarita man

Post by margarita man » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:08 am

usa_canadian (Dec 08, 2004 11:31 p.m.):
Hey, I'm new to the board, but I'm heading down to PV for my second time, in a couple weeks. I keep hearing great things about Pipi's, but I dont' know where it is!!
Any other restaurant suggestions for those of us on a budget would be appreciated too!!
The first time we were going to p.v. 10 yrs ago Pipi's was suggested to us from friends at home. We went the first night we were in P.V. and had an awesome time. I have written about Pipi's many times on this board. We have been to p.v. 6 tims and wee head to Pipi's at least 2 times every vacation. In fact we were on a Mexican Riviera cruise 2 yrs ago that went to P.V. we made sure that Pipi's was in our plans for the day. We told alot of people on the cruise about it and ended up going with a whole bunch of ship mates.

Pipi's is not a quiet experience. There is a mariachi band that plays throughout the restaurant. But the atmosphere is outstanding. Fresh quacamole mad right at your table. The margaritas are very potent and delicious. They make a really BIG fajita dinner that is hard to finish. You will have a great time at Pipi's to be sure.

It is about a 5 minute walk up from the Malecon on Guadalupe Sanchez and Pipila. Just listen for all the noise. Enjoy.

Chinooks

Post by Chinooks » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:18 pm

We must try Pipi's this year... sounds like we have been missing out for the last 5 years!

chuck
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by chuck » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:35 am

Chiles rellenos para mi!
<:((()))~

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:25 pm

the Fajitas are GREAT... and if you are really really clever... and you are with a big group.... get one of the waiters cornered and tell them that one of your friends at the table is celebrating their birthday.. (Sorry Blane i have to tell the story).... and out of the blue they come out with shots of tequilla, whip cream, cameras, banging pots and pans, singing etc... Blane's wife Susan and I set him up BIG TIME... it was great.. we all were laughing so much... JJ and JC were with us as well as Robb and Jadi ... it was just a riot... LOUD, PROUD and a FUN place... long waits if you go later... but there is a Super La Playa close by, go get a six pack or two and sit on the curb and wait for your name to be called... and you will not regret it...

have a great time.... MM and Jenn you want to go this February.... what do you think JJ and JC... you ready to party again....

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:21 am

Tom & Lorrie;
Brings back memories!! Their margaritas are potent!! It was a fun night with great food spent with a really terrific group of people. I totally forgot about Blaine's "birthday" and the look on his face when he realized it was HIS!!! See you in February!
jj
MM & Jen, are you in??

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:38 am

Yes, we are definately in. I promise no thongs in the restaurant.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:44 pm

when i am on vacation, that is all i do wear is thongs... great look... LOL

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:38 am

Uh, guys, we ARE talking about "flip-flop thongs" for your feet, right?

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:50 pm

UUUHHH, ya, ya. That's it.Thongs for the feet. Of course that is what we are talking about. lol

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:28 pm

i will never tell which thongs... LOL but if you ask me how a Polish person pulls up his socks... don't be shocked at what you see LOL

thanks for the e-mail JJ... i forwarded it down to Lojo at the school... may give you guys a call sometime... just talk...

MM we need to keep the women guessing... LOL besides JJ you always liked Danny in his thong... so hmmmmmmmmm look out... just might have to shock you too....

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:18 pm

Mr&MrsCrownParadise (Dec 14, 2004 10:28 a.m.):
i will never tell which thongs... LOL but if you ask me how a Polish person pulls up his socks... don't be shocked at what you see LOL

thanks for the e-mail JJ... i forwarded it down to Lojo at the school... may give you guys a call sometime... just talk...

MM we need to keep the women guessing... LOL besides JJ you always liked Danny in his thong... so hmmmmmmmmm look out... just might have to shock you too....

Sounds good to me. Tom, here is another one of my fashion statements. Sometimes instead of a thong, i go for one of jens size 6 bikini bottoms. They are a little tight but that is the idea right. lol

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:20 pm

Poor usa_canadian, he started this thread asking about Pipi's restaurant, now he has to endure this talk about swimwear. Sorry about that.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:24 pm

Kewl... and kinky... love the idea MM... sounds like a fashion statement... or a fashion show... PARTY on the beach some night for sure... LOL and yes we are kind of messing with this bulletin board.... LOL we will have to have a fashion party with the women all dressed HOT and SEXY when we go into town... and see if we can pick them up downtown LOL YIKES did i actually say that..

ha ha ha ha

feliz navidad.... is playing on the radio.... sing it out everybody....