Pipi's restaurant

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Re:Pipi's restaurant

Post by jjbcroft » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:56 am

Oh great, now I'm gonna have to go shopping for a sexy dress (gee, twist my arm!!). Are we looking for a certain color? As I remember, black was the color at the sunset cocktail party last year!

("...I want to wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my he-arrrtt..." -I LOVE that song!!)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:39 am

i do believe that will still be the dress of the night again JJ... Lojo and I are working on air fair right now ... so we should be all set by the end of the weekend... and being that we are coming down for only 10 days versus two weeks... i am sure we will still over pack... i am hoping that lorrie will wear her new "micro" mini skirt too... LOL YOWSER.... or at least bring a couple of her new minis as well as her new VS strappy HIGH heels... 4 in heels JJ... makes her a GIANT now LOL but it should be a good time for sure... i am working with Paula and Angie on all the peticulars for our vacation... i will have to get things set up for our party... I am thinkging this year.... OOPS almost let the cat out of the bag.... LOL trust me it is going to be just a nice as last year... and just alittle bit more WILD..... toga toga toga toga toga TOGA yikes is that too much of a hint.... LOL what do you think... out on the veranda... and NO DINNER this time... and i will definitely be HEALTHY this time... no bugs this year.... and no sinus infections, or colds etc... LOL

Love to you all can't wait to see you ... Lorrie is looking at a couple of weekends in January to slip up your direction or over to CF Waterloo meet drink party go home... LOL or spend the weekend over there if it works for you and JC.....

talk toyou soon....

budweiser
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by budweiser » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:49 am

Anyone know if Pipi's is open on Christmas Day?

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:39 pm

Oh sure Budweiser, rub it in why don't you. Christmas day in P.V. and to top it all off, at my fav. restaurant in the world. Some guys have all the luck. I have no idea if it is open on Christmas day, but if it is please have a margarita for this poor wet lad from rainy Vancouver. Have a great Christmas in paradise. Bryan

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:47 pm

and have one for this this FROZEN couple in Iowa because Canada left the Alberta door open again... today's high for iowa it 9 degrees F, with a wind chill of -15 F.... so MM, if i had your rain right now i would be a$$ deep in SNOW right now... LOL but instead we have a small skiff of snow, and FREEZING TEMPS.... i could use some tequila shooters right now to warm me up, or some presidente brandy from PV.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

see you in february.....

budweiser
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by budweiser » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:50 am

hehe...sorry Margerita Man, I will certianly honor your wish!!! -9F and I really dont care to find out what the wind chill is, nice to be going someplace where there is a heat index!

stew

Post by stew » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:33 pm

Mr&MrsCrownParadise (Dec 22, 2004 08:47 a.m.):
and have one for this this FROZEN couple in Iowa because Canada left the Alberta door open again... today's high for iowa it 9 degrees F, with a wind chill of -15 F.... so MM, if i had your rain right now i would be a$$ deep in SNOW right now... LOL but instead we have a small skiff of snow, and FREEZING TEMPS.... i could use some tequila shooters right now to warm me up, or some presidente brandy from PV.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

see you in february.....
As a native Iowan I can feel for you. I was just feeling sorry for my self as this morning in Oakland it is a low of 45. That's cold for us, but not that Snot Freezing weather I remember as a kid in Waterloo!

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:55 pm

Stew,
F.Y.I: It's 10am and the temp in Waterloo, IA is currently -2(F) with a "snot freezing" wind chill of -22(F). That's ok, tho, cause tonight when I get home from work, I'm gonna have me a mucho grande strawberry margarita, some salsa and chips, turn on some Enrique Iglasias CDs and dream about my Feb vacation to PV. It ain't PiPis yet, but it will be in less than two months!
jj

stew

Post by stew » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:50 pm

Good for you & thanks! I wil try & be gentle to my Family back there when we talk Xmas. I'm heading for Mexico around the 15th of January, but will not get to PV until March. First Guadalarja, Taxc & Zihua, then Colina, Meleque & then PV.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:44 pm

and it is suppose to be colder yet tonight -7 and that doesn't include the frickin wind chill... well i am getting my new dew tonight... for the holidays... and it should be in great shape for PV... JJ have one for us.... love and miss you guys...

JJ/JC, MM/Jenn, Conor, Stew, and everybody out here waiting for your turn to come to Puerto Vallarta... Peace and Love to you all... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....

dash away

budweiser
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by budweiser » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:52 am

Holla...Pipis was open on Christmas....was absolutely the best. Toasted a big honken Margarita for you Margarita Man!

The weather has been great, sunny in the mid 80s everyday...Food has been even better Pipi..The Pancake House, Andales, Tucans, Cafe Frankfurt...all you can eat 180 peso buffet cervesa included.

Alright time to go walk the malecon tonight...enough salt in your wounds

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:25 am

Hola, Budweiser!
I've been hearing a lot about a nightspot called Andales. Is it a resturant or dance spot or both? We love to dance and party but we're looking for a fun spot that isn't filled with collage kids and thumping music. Any suggestions? Also, how about resturants - any that you would recomend? We did Blue Shrimp and PiPis last year with Mr & Mrs Crown Paradise and loved them both. What shall we try this year?
Glad to hear the weather is wonderful, although it's a balmy 3 degrees Farenheit here in Eastern Iowa. (Or as someone in a previous post called it "snot-freezing cold")! ROFL!! Gotta love it!!
jj

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:33 am

Andale would fill the bill of a fun spot to go for drinks and dancing and not be overrun by college kids. Maybe a burro, but that's another story...

On Olas Altas, can't miss it. Great spot for breakfast too.

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:44 am

Thanks for the info, Jennybean! We'll be sure to check it out. Are certain nights better/worse to go than others? Do they have live music or DJ, and what to wear - denims, shorts, sundresses?
Thanks again!
jj

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:06 am

Not a dress code kind of place, wear what's comfortable.

Haven't seen a night yet that Andale wasn't hopping, go after 9 p.m. DJ music.

margarita man

Post by margarita man » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:09 am

Budweiser (Dec 27, 2004 09:52 p.m.):
Holla...Pipis was open on Christmas....was absolutely the best. Toasted a big honken Margarita for you Margarita Man!

The weather has been great, sunny in the mid 80s everyday...Food has been even better Pipi..The Pancake House, Andales, Tucans, Cafe Frankfurt...all you can eat 180 peso buffet cervesa included.

Alright time to go walk the malecon tonight...enough salt in your wounds

Thanks Mr. Budweiser, i appreciate it. Hope you had a great trip.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:04 am

JJ sounds like we have a new place to go hang out for a couple of nights of driniking and dancing... and getting you on the burro sounds like fun too....

Thanks for the input Jennybean... JJ/JC, Lojo and I hooked up last year after taling to JJ here on the bulletin board... we had a great time.... Lojo and I had a sunset cocktail party on the verand of our suite... it was a great time for sure... drinks, food, and great company of new friends and family.... we just had a blast....

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:27 am

Tom & Lorrie,
Sounds like we absolutely have to check this place out!! As long as they have some good music and dancing we'll be there - we'll be able to work off some of the great food we'll chow on at PiPi's. I have a question for those of you who have been there: What's with the burro?

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:27 am

Lorrie - I now have THREE black dresses!!! Tell Tom he'll have to arrange at least that many cocktail parties, or at least one for the next three years!!
jj

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:06 pm

I wish i could be at Pipi's tonite and ring in the new year with all the p.v. addicts on this site. Happy New Year to all. Bryan