Two Favorites - are they still open?

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

dneuser
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Two Favorites - are they still open?

Post by dneuser » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:08 pm

Am looking forward to our return trip to PV in a few weeks. Does someone know if two of our favorites - Bianco and
El Circo in the Marina district are still open? I can't seem to find any recent info on them. If they are not open,
have their famous chefs moved on to new places? Thanks.

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re:Two Favorites - are they still open?

Post by bzy1inpv » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:45 am

Bianco is open, El Circo is closed.

garyrbeck
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by garyrbeck » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:22 am

ibeenthere (Dec 31, 2004 08:08 a.m.):
Does someone know if two of our favorites - Bianco and
El Circo in the Marina district are still open? I can't seem to find any recent info on them. If they are not open,
Bianco
Insurgentes 109 at Río Cuale OT/SS.
222-2748/222-2177 www.bianco-lounge-restaurant.com info@bianco-lounge-restaurant.com
6pm-2am Closed Monday.

Chef Roger is gone now. Many feel it is amongst the best that Vallarta has to offer. Some reviewers say it is too expensive and food uneven. Owner Martin Good, chef Laurent Delorme. Recently awarded the 5* Diamond award. Two story masterpiece. Formerly Caruso's and Marilyn's. Lovely white décor, cosmopolitan with a 'nuevo art deco!' Lounge downstairs with wide curving bar is impressive with excellent service and features live performances, call ahead. Upstairs a contempory A/C dining room with a huge watercolor of oranges on white and a small patio balcony with covering overlooking Río Cuale, the place to dine if the weather is good! Many fish dishes, creative specials, rack of lamb Dijon, veal chops, duck, pork chop with spinach fettuccine, mahi mahi with tomatillo cilantro sauce, salmon, lobster, polenta, and escargot. Quality can vary. Very fine but pricey wine list.

yes

Post by yes » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:37 pm

Am looking forward to our return trip to PV in a few weeks. Does someone know if two of our favorites - Bianco and
the owner from el circo opened a new restaurant called EL MESTIZO in downtown the phone number 222 1333

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:59 pm

yes (Mar 06, 2005 02:37 p.m.):
the owner from el circo opened a new restaurant called EL MESTIZO in downtown the phone number 222 1333
My husband and I and 2 friends went to El Mestizo in early February and it was wonderful. The food and service were great and the setting is beautiful - old, hacienda style house converted to a restaurant, with a pretty courtyard.