Shrimp Factory

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sassy63
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Shrimp Factory

Post by sassy63 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:15 pm

Was looking online....looks good...how about portion size...taste...and prices....thanks for the info...

IraHorowitz

Re:Shrimp Factory

Post by IraHorowitz » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:45 am

We felt that The Shrimp Factory was OK but not as good as The Blue Shrimp. Portions were good size but I don't belive that overall taste and and prensentation were as good as Blue Shrimp. The Blue Shrimp is a bit more expensive.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:45 pm

I went to the Blue Srimp last year and yes the food was good but was a little over priced. Just in case you decide to go to either the Shrimp Factory or the Blue Shrimp go to www.ofertasvallarta.com and there are coupons you can print off. The Shrimp Factory one is for 20% off food and drinks and you also get complimentary fried ice-cream yum yum my fav. The Blue Shrimp one was for 15% off. I will definetly be going to the Shrimp Factory when I am there in April just for the fried ice-cream.

sassy63
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by sassy63 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:47 pm

Thanks for the coupon info......I will definately be going to one of them...leaning towards to Blue Shrimp....do they have lobster there....if so ....any one tried it????

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:16 pm

Lobster isn't always very good in PV. It's usually small, not as flavorful as stuff you might be used to from Maine or PEI, and doesn't always have a lot of meat. And it's often very expensive in Vallarta.

Shrimp, octopus, and various types of fish however are all plentiful and delicious in PV, and can usually be found quite reasonably priced. Myself, I bypass the Blue Shrimp in favour of places like Mariscos Polo - the Wiri Shrimp with peach sauce is to die for.