Food from Street Vendors

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God
Food from Street Vendors

Post by palapa_gal » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:34 pm

Ok, this trip (April 16-24) I am going to actually try some street food. Now what I need to know is which one you guys and/or gals out there think is the best and where I can find them. I already have the Crepe Lady on my list and I know where to find her.

Gracias,
Lori

Jennybean

Re:Food from Street Vendors

Post by Jennybean » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:16 am

Marisma fish tacos on Naranjo. The shrimp tacos are the best.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:18 am

And I almost forgot - Memos, at the corner of Aguacate and Basilio Badillo. The Bin Laden burrito comes highly recommended. (-:

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by marcos » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:51 pm

Try the stand just up the street from the Los Muertos Pier. Can't remember the name but their quesadillas are outrageous ... only 12 pesos apiece. 2 of them makes a great lunch.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:55 pm

Bon Laden burrito?! Hahahaha, why that name! Do you know?

Mogens

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:06 pm

Wish I knew, but the taste sure makes up for the crazy name...

Marcos - I know that stand too, and the quesadillas are excellent. (-:

Another place I like is Takos Panchos beside Cafe de Olla - pretty good tacos al pastor. Or the hot dog guy on Olas Altas, who grills them with bacon and onions? Not necessarily traditional Mxn street food, but man are those good after a night of imbibing! He gets big crowds too - probably because you can smell them walking all the way up Olas Altas!

There is a stand (or should I say WAS a stand) on Parque Hidalgo that did great tamales - since the park was torn down this past week I don't know where it's moved to, I assume it's shifted to another location nearby. The Crepe Lady has moved right near the Rosita, FYI.

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:15 pm

Mucho Gracias Jenny & Marcos

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:05 pm

JJ, JC, Lorrie and I went downtown on a sunday night... grabbed a few beers at Hilos... as we watched the people out on the malecon we slipped out and across the street for some grilled corn, fresh strawberries and cream... some of the pies and cakes were outstanding too.. and these people weren't asking for arms and legs either.... there is so much good stuff to try and sample and enjoy... love it...

have a great time....

susana

Post by susana » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:57 pm

Yes!!! Glad to hear the hot dog stand guy is still there on Olas Altas. I missed them the last few trips (the cart was there chained up but I never saw it open). I know they get going later in the evening.

garyrbeck
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by garyrbeck » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:39 am

Los Lilios Mariscería
Aguacate 395 at Manuel M. Dieguez OT/SS.
222-3629
11am-8pm

Kitchen is right inside the casa, but the four tables for four guests are on the sidewalk. Grilled shrimp with ham and cheese 126p, mahi mahi 5 ways 65p, cazuela 70/53p, aguachile [spicy shrimp ceviche] with tostadas [great for an appetizer for 4] 80p, burras 48-70p, shrimp burger 44p, tostadas 7-20p, flan 12p, Jamaica 7p, limonada 17p, beer 10p. Hi to Fausto and Memo!