Celebration Dinner

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chantc
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Celebration Dinner

Post by chantc » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:49 pm

Hello everyone

Less than 30 days to go till I'm in PV..can't wait. Am planning a special dinner celebration for 2 and need some help...Looking for good food (any type of cuisine is fine), price not an issue, good wine, ROMANTIC setting (no loud noises, tables squeezed together) and view, Having read many posts here and on other boards have narrowed choices down to:

1. Vista Grill
2. Nikki's Beach (those whie canopy bed on the sand!!) in the Marina
3. Longastinos
4. La Palapa (though we're staying there, so want a different view!!)

Help please!!!!!

Jennybean

Re:Celebration Dinner

Post by Jennybean » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:31 pm

Might I add Barcelona Tapas to that list? Covers all your requirements (food, view, romance, price not an issue etc).

It would be one of my choices, and probably one I'd choose before Nikki Beach Club. JMO.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:04 pm

excellent choices as well... i might at River Cafe and now some like it and some don't but we have always enjoyed Chef Blouets (sp?) at the Cafe de Artiste.... it is pricier than most... but we have enjoyed it for one of our romantic visits.... now if you don't mind sharing a boat ride etc... Rhythym of the Nights tour.... have them set you up on the beach... clear skies, etc... and the food and show is not bad either.... but then again these are just things that Mrs and I enjoy... there are so many wonderful places to try.... now at the Golden Crown, the guest relations manager will set something up for you on the beach with wine or champagne, and dinner from Salvador's etc... tiki torches etc... yes you have people wandering around but something on the beach... see if your resort will provide that service for you....

have a great time....

NELLE

Post by NELLE » Thu May 05, 2005 6:07 pm

My husband and I are going in a couple of weeks for our 5 year anniversary. We love Le Kliff - check out their website at www.lekliff.com The most gorgeous sunsets, great food and service, fabulous view, music....call ahead or reserve online for a special table. We love returning their on each trip.
Have a wonderful time!

stew

Post by stew » Thu May 05, 2005 7:01 pm

Mr&MrsCrownParadise (Apr 28, 2005 03:04 p.m.):
excellent choices as well... i might at River Cafe

have a great time....
Not to disagree with a couple of fellow Iowans (I was 38 when I left after 16 years as a peddler travining all 99) but while the River Cafe has great food, a nice setting & a marvelous staff I would not consider it a "View" place.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu May 05, 2005 10:49 pm

stew... you from Iowa.... you are right that there isn't a "veiw" at the River Cafe, but when i look into my lorrie's eyes and see her smile, that is all the view i need... we have been coming to Vallarta for 12 yrs now... and her smile just keeps getting better and warmer every year that we are "home" in Vallarta.... ok so i am a hopeless romantic... but you know what... Vallarta can do that to you... makes you appreciate what you have and makes you just want it all that much more....

but here in Vallarta, there are so many resturants that just the abiance, the food, the service, the music, the atmosphere, and the company will take care of the "view".... LOL....

have a great time in Vallarta....

stew

Post by stew » Thu May 05, 2005 11:31 pm

Yeap come from a long line of pig farmers at Burt, Iowa just 7 miles North of Algona. I actualy grew up in Waterloo, but spent my summers on the family farm. Still have scads of cousins & one daughter in the state. I get back about every other year. Stopping in Kansas City to se my son & grand kids & then on to Waterlooto see mt daughter. Then they come out to California the other years.
P.S. I do not ned a view or a "romatic setting to have a romatic time with my Linda either.
My two fav dinning spots are Chez Elena & The Red Cabbage but with as you say so many choices how can you go wrong. Heck I find a river side table at La Flunte del Puente very romantic!

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Fri May 06, 2005 12:44 am

If price is not an issue, I would strongly suggest Cafe des Artistes.

glory

Post by glory » Fri May 06, 2005 1:59 am

Can I suggest Daquiri Dick's? Our family all went there last year to celebrate my son-in-law's birthday and we are still talking about the fabulous time that we all had! Sunset was beautiful ...food was wonderful and great service! We will be in PV on May 21st to celebrate my daughter's college graduation...there will be 14 of us and we cannot wait! We are considering Vista Grill or Barcelonas Tapas

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Fri May 06, 2005 2:51 am

Barcelona Tapas at sunset for your daughter's graduation would be fabulous. Make sure you make a reservation though, and tell them it's a special occasion.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Fri May 06, 2005 10:44 am

newtopv (Apr 28, 2005 12:49 p.m.):
Hello everyone

Less than 30 days to go till I'm in PV..can't wait. Am planning a special dinner celebration for 2 and need some help...Looking for good food (any type of cuisine is fine), price not an issue, good wine, ROMANTIC setting (no loud noises, tables squeezed together) and view, Having read many posts here and on other boards have narrowed choices down to:

1. Vista Grill
2. Nikki's Beach (those whie canopy bed on the sand!!) in the Marina
3. Longastinos
4. La Palapa (though we're staying there, so want a different view!!)

Help please!!!!!
My vote for this occasion goes to El Panorama, which has incomparable views and atmosphere. There's another posting for it in this section and you can check it out at www.elpanorama.com.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri May 06, 2005 12:35 pm

stew (May 05, 2005 07:31 p.m.):
Yeap come from a long line of pig farmers at Burt, Iowa just 7 miles North of Algona. I actualy grew up in Waterloo, but spent my summers on the family farm. Still have scads of cousins & one daughter in the state. I get back about every other year. Stopping in Kansas City to se my son & grand kids & then on to Waterlooto see mt daughter. Then they come out to California the other years.
P.S. I do not ned a view or a "romatic setting to have a romatic time with my Linda either.
My two fav dinning spots are Chez Elena & The Red Cabbage but with as you say so many choices how can you go wrong. Heck I find a river side table at La Flunte del Puente very romantic!
YIKES ... stew i spent ten years in Algona Iowa... working for the state of iowa ... used to go to the elevator in Burt when Arnie Skadburg was the manager there.... lots of fond memorries up there... wow this is a small small world... and it just keeps getting smaller and smaller... we have always wanted to go to the red cabbage... will get there one day that is for sure.... heard it is fantastic.... maybe in ocbtober we will make it there.....

have a great day....

stew

Post by stew » Fri May 06, 2005 2:49 pm

YIKES ... stew i spent ten years in Algona Iowa... working for the state of iowa ... used to go to the elevator in Burt when Arnie Skadburg was the manager there.... lots of fond memorries up there... wow this is a small small world... and it just keeps getting smaller and smaller... we have always wanted to go to the red cabbage... will get there one day that is for sure.... heard it is fantastic.... maybe in ocbtober we will make it there.....

have a great day....
It is indeed a small world. Spent a week every August sleeping in a tent at the Kossuth county fair helping my cousins show their Duroc hogs & Angus baby beef. I know the fair got real short in later years. I have no idea if it even happens any more. One of my cousins (Dennis Shipler) had a tragic accident while working at the elevator falling & permently crippling himself.Just a side bar I called on a architect for a number of years here in Oakland Upon my retierment he asked me what I was going to do with my time. When I told hin I planned on spending several months a year in Mexico he told me he has a condo in Ixtapa. We hooked up this past winter there. You just never know!

PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by 654321k » Fri May 06, 2005 6:32 pm

Somebody mentioned LeKliff. That used to be my Husbands favorite place. We were there in November with a party of ten for a Birthday celebration. We have never been so disapointed and that went for everyone in the group. The plates have become larger and the servings much smaller. Very pricy for what they served. Great place to go for a drink but I would never again recommend it for food. LeBistro is nice if you get a table on the River. As far as beach restaurants I would recommend LaPalapa.

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Fri May 06, 2005 6:43 pm

The other added bonus at LeKliff is the timeshare shill disguised as a host/hostess, so be aware of that.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri May 06, 2005 10:08 pm

stew (May 06, 2005 10:49 a.m.):

have a great day....
It is indeed a small world. Spent a week every August sleeping in a tent at the Kossuth county fair helping my cousins show their Duroc hogs & Angus baby beef. I know the fair got real short in later years. I have no idea if it even happens any more. One of my cousins (Dennis Shipler) had a tragic accident while working at the elevator falling & permently crippling himself.Just a side bar I called on a architect for a number of years here in Oakland Upon my retierment he asked me what I was going to do with my time. When I told hin I planned on spending several months a year in Mexico he told me he has a condo in Ixtapa. We hooked up this past winter there. You just never know!
OMG... i know Dennis real well... He could do more with his "handicap" than most people would their whole lives... that is the truth... there were some pretty good people around the area... From Whittemore to Fenton, back along to Lone Rock, Burt, Titonka, Buffalo Center, man oh man do those bring back memories... i used to hunt on some groun that ran along Union Slough... it was such a great spot... lots of deer, pheasant, hungarian partridge... just fantastic... oh well that was another life time....

talk to you later...