Beach Bar Question

Tips, comments and questions on restaurants, bars, cafés, budget food and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Vancouver
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Beach Bar Question

Post by Vancouver » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:27 pm

My hubby & I will be in PV at the end of March, staying at the Tropicana on Los Muertos.

He likes to sit in the shade and people watch and I like to lay in the sun and read, he likes to drink cold beer and I like the tropical fruity drinks!

Is there one "beach bar" that would be better than another? Which would you suggest for us?

Thanks!

delectdee
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by delectdee » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:31 pm

C & C's or the Lazy Lizard....both are very close to the tropicana. the lazy lizard is almost next door to you and on the way to C & C's (next to los meurtos pier).

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:33 pm

I have to agree about lazy lizard. Me and tyler went there just about every day for buckets of beer. Great place to lay around and ppl watch

susan p
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by susan p » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:20 pm

Just stroll the beach and see what suits your fancy. If you find one you like, return to it every day, make friends with the waiters. That will get you the best service. You should be able to set up many places under an umbrella or palapa with a table and two chairs, so one person can be in the sun and the other in the shade.

You shouldn't have to pay for the chair (if you do go to a different place)... it's yours for the price of buying drinks and/or food from the bar. Note the 'blue chairs' is a gay bar which you'd probably notice.
________
Medical marijuana strains
Last edited by susan p on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Finding a Beach Bar

Post by marcos » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:45 pm

There are a lot of good Beach Bars on the south side ... Burros, CyC's as well as the others mentioned.

Personally I like CyC's because they have very friendly waiters and pretty good food.

What I'd do is take a day and frequent most of them ... have a drink in each. Then go back to your fave for the rest of the week.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:10 pm

My vote is for La Caretta....beside Fidencio's. When doing the "beach thing", we'd typically spend all day at La Caretta, then maybe go to CyC's for Happy Hour thereafter. When Romy is working, the service is fast (he literally runs all day), the food is good (not great, but certainly ok), and the drinks are cold!

Also. Andres and the "Beach Boys", do their para-sailing right in front, so you often get some interesting visual entertainment as well.From the Tropicana heading north along the beach, you'll come by Fidencio's first, then La Carretta. The Lazy Lizard is farther along, just before the pier, and CyCs is the first one on the north side of Los Muertos pier.

Mikey and Gabby
PV Fan
PV Fan

Beach Bar

Post by Mikey and Gabby » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:49 am

I have to agree with you Winterpegman. Gabby and I were in PV over Christmas/New Years and we spent every day at La Caretta. Romy (Romeo) took great care of us. We had our waterfront table and chairs reserved for us everyday. If someone happened to be sitting in them Romy would ask them politly to move and he would sit us right down. The service was very good and the food was not too bad as well.

ajstanger
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by ajstanger » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:37 pm

I too would suggest the Lazy Lizard. We go there twice everytime we go to PV. We suck down a couple of buckets of XX's and people watch. They have umbrella's so you can be in the shade if you want. Bathroom are right there too (over your left shoulder behind the iron gates).

Their burgers aren't too bad either. We went with our kids last March and they drank non alcoholic fruity drinks and ate the burgers. They liked them just fine. The sidewalk between the beach and restaurant goes right by you so lots of people watching to be had.

Adios,
T.