Sams Club,Costco

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

susannasue
PV Fan
PV Fan
Sams Club,Costco

Post by susannasue » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:20 am

Do you have to be a member like you do everywhere else or can anyone shop there? Thanks

bzy1inpv

Re:Sams Club,Costco

Post by bzy1inpv » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:58 pm

We have a Sam's Club here, not Costco (two different companies)
you need a membership, and your card from outside of MX will work here so bring it if you have it.
Costco cards are not accepted, only Sam's cards.
If you speak a little Spanish, you could ask at the customer service desk for a one day guest pass.

susannasue
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by susannasue » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:42 pm

Too bad for me;I don't have a Sam's Club membership(it isn't yet in Montreal). Unfortunately,I don't speak Spanish but when I arrive in PV tomorrow,I will ask someone to write that down for me in spanish. Thanks

Chinooks

Post by Chinooks » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:36 pm

You can communicate in English at Sam's Club... we've never had a problem.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:49 pm

If you want a one-day pass, just enter the Puerto Vallarta Sam's club using the exit door (marked "SALIDA"). You can walk around to the customer service counter and ask for one.

bzy1inpv

Post by bzy1inpv » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:26 am

English, Si! Sometimes! I was at Sam's today getting business facturas at the service desk and someone wanting a day pass ended up being processed for a membership. It all got worked out in the end, but the person working the membresia area did not speak English and misunderstod the person asking for a one day membership. She thought the woman wanted one membership, not one day pass.

So, try asking for "una "pass" para una dia por favor." That should do the trick:)

Also, I have found Walmart carries much of the same stuff but in smaller quantities as Sam's. Prices are pretty much the same as well including liquor. So if you do not need bulk, try Walmart first!

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:22 pm

Actually more like: "Necesito comprar un pase SAMS por un dia, por favor". ;-)

Greetings

Mogens

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:04 pm

Or possibly, quisiera un pase ..., because these passes aren't purchased, they are free. The one caviat is that purchases made on a day pass must be paid for in cash, no credit cards.

bzy1inpv

Post by bzy1inpv » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:02 am

I was trying to keep it simple :)
and no comprar, the card is free/gratis!

Back to Sam's and WalMart again today (you would think I lived there or something!) I did some price checks and found over-all, WalMart is about the same in pricing, maybe a few pesos higher on liquor over-all. Same with most food items, and in the end less expensive if you do not need bulk. Sam's does have great things for condo/home owners/renters.... including an awesome convection oven, blow-up rafts and infatible beds and 450 thread count sheets!

Atkins Dieters and diabetics will be pleased to know that this week WalMart received a ton of low carb items, as well as many things low in fat, including Triscuit's crackers! 17.7 pesos! The first time imported into Vallarta under 60 pesos a box! :) (I like Triscuits, can you tell?)

Chinooks

Post by Chinooks » Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:41 pm

We'll be checking it out... come Tuesday!
Thanks for the info.

El Jeffe

Post by El Jeffe » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:09 pm

sue (Jan 12, 2005 12:20 a.m.):
Do you have to be a member like you do everywhere else or can anyone shop there? Thanks
I go to PV every year and shop at Sam's Club. I just went to Sam's and bought a membership for about $35 US that's good for a year in Mexico or the states. You don't need to be able to speak spanish to shop there. By the way, Sam's is just like a Costco in terms of bulk buys, so it's a great place to shop for H2O, beer, local fruit , cheeses, ect. Once you shop there are taxis in front that will load and take you to your final destination. It's pretty easy. Have fun...

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:52 pm

We don't have a Sam's Club here in Manitoba either. We went there and got in without a card. No problems. We even found a digital camera we wanted. We spoke to someone at the jewelry counter - explained we were from Canada and didn't have Sam's Club - she let us buy it anyway. No problem. Just explain you don't have one where you are from.