Dirty Clothes?

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

suebruce
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Dirty Clothes?

Post by suebruce » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:05 pm

Hi,

We are staying at the Las Palmas April 1 - April 15 this year. Last year we stayed at the Punta Arena which is close to the Sheraton. We found this great laundry facility that I took our clothes to so I could just unpack when we got home. It was so awesome because all you do is drop them off at 4:00 pm and then come back the next morning and they are washed, folded and smell just wonderfull.

Does anyone have a laundry they recommend close to the Las Palmas? The one we went to last was just up the street from the Mega store.

Appreciate any comments. It was such a treat to go home with all clean clothes and it was so economical I don't know why anyone wouldn't do it.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:13 pm

OR....you could do what Kathy and I do...we just don't get our clothes dirty :lol: . Chuck... 8) (yea, sure)

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Clean Clothes

Post by smitty » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:25 pm

I don't know if its the closest but there is a laundromat in the strip plaza between Hola (formerly Qualton Club ) and Villa del Palmar . Maybe a 5-10 min walk from Las Palmas - heading towards the airport. Soap and dryer sheets are for sale in the convenience store next to the laundromat (much cheaper at Gigante or Mega ) . You also buy your tokens for the washers and dryers at the convenience store. There is an internet cafe in the same plaza with some pretty decadent desserts and sandwiches . Do your laundry and send some emails /surf at the same time. :)

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:03 pm

Not sure if it is still there or not but there was/is a great lavendria(sp?) in the Villas Vallarta shopping plaza. If I remember correctly it was down the ailse way where the Dolphy ice cream place is (if it's still there) and then take the first right and it should be the first store around the corner on your right hand side.

skerlarry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by skerlarry » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:06 pm

charlieb wrote:OR....you could do what Kathy and I do...we just don't get our clothes dirty :lol: . Chuck... 8) (yea, sure)
Or what we do and only take what you are wearing.

Don't laugh, after 10 days it helps keep the Timeshare sharks at a distance.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:25 pm

and to add another smart *** comment, if you were staying at Hedonism III in Jamaica you really wouldn't have to worry about clothes at all... :wink: bad :evil: tom... :lol: :lol:

i am sure there are places close by that can do the trick for you...

but then like charlieb says, don't get diry!!!

8) Tom aka Mr. Crown

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:34 am

palapa_gal wrote:Not sure if it is still there or not but there was/is a great lavendria(sp?) in the Villas Vallarta shopping plaza. If I remember correctly it was down the ailse way where the Dolphy ice cream place is (if it's still there) and then take the first right and it should be the first store around the corner on your right hand side.
Yes, it's still there. We stayed at the Canto del Sol just across from the Villas Vallarta and we used the laundry service. It's exactly where Lori said. There put portable signs out each morning. Our clothes were folded so neatly and they smelled heavenly. I think we paid about 6 or 7 bucks and it was all our clothes except those that I had to keep on!
Joyce

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:45 pm

DELETED

suebruce
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Very Funny

Post by suebruce » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:23 pm

All right then... there are some comedians in the crowd... thank you everyone for your suggestions. Last year we used a laundry house called "Splash" the lady was wonderful. Her shop was down the street from the Mega store.

the problem is I cant remember where Las Palmas is in proximity to the Mega. If it was close, I would just go back to Splash. If there is a really good one by Las Palmas then I could try it...

Looks like there are some good tips for me.

Thanks for the tip about the laundry machines... but I actually do not want to do any of the washing or drying myself. This is my treat to myself. :oops: :wink:

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:42 pm

Can you imagine if customs decided to open up a suitcase and it was full of dirty laundry. :P

Mega is an easy walk from the las Palmas but... with arms full of dirties a quick cheap cab ride to Splash laundry and back might be best.
Las Palmas has a laundry in case the kids and hubby :) :wink: need to do a load mid week.

suebruce
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by suebruce » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:23 pm

Muchos Gracious from everyone... I got an answer to my question by accident from our friends we are meeting in PV. They are traveling from Guad to spend weekend but staynig at the hotel we were at last year. They have told me we are only 5 min walk from each other... so I am thinking since I liked Splash and the lady was so nice there.. I will give her my business again.

For those of you who may not know why I am making such a big deal abou this... last year I took our clothes to Splash. She weighs the clothes (make sure they are all dry :)) and she washes, dries and folds them for you. I had 13 kilo of laundry and it cost me 75 peso... It was well worth it and I was glad to give back to the local economy.

only 8 more sleeps to go........ :lol:

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:46 am

Newsflash...they ALL dry and fold them for you! :wink: The lavanderia one block from me charges 5 pesos a kilo. That is a fairly standard rate.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:14 am

Can you imagine if customs decided to open up a suitcase and it was full of dirty laundry.
a very funny writter of vallarta
gil gevins
wrote about his travel thru the local pv airport in regards to the above quote

can´t find it
maybe someone can

chico

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:38 am

I would love to read it. :)
I have heard of Gil Givens mentioned on the board but have yet to read his writings.
Must do!

suebruce
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by suebruce » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:08 am

winterpegman wrote:Newsflash...they ALL dry and fold them for you! :wink: The lavanderia one block from me charges 5 pesos a kilo. That is a fairly standard rate.
I am sure you didn't mean to be sarscastic by your "Newsflash" comment... but it did kinda rub the wrong way.... and I don't mean to be rude here... but my comment about not wanting to wash or dry them myself stemmed from the suggestion of a previous poster who suggested I could buy detergent and dryer sheets from the convenience store next door etc.... yes I know most of them do the washing and drying for me... I just wanted to be courteous and thank the other posting for the information he/she provided even though it wasn't quite what I was looking for.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 am

suebruce wrote:
winterpegman wrote:Newsflash...they ALL dry and fold them for you! :wink: The lavanderia one block from me charges 5 pesos a kilo. That is a fairly standard rate.
I am sure you didn't mean to be sarscastic by your "Newsflash" comment... but it did kinda rub the wrong way.... and I don't mean to be rude here... but my comment about not wanting to wash or dry them myself stemmed from the suggestion of a previous poster who suggested I could buy detergent and dryer sheets from the convenience store next door etc.... yes I know most of them do the washing and drying for me... I just wanted to be courteous and thank the other posting for the information he/she provided even though it wasn't quite what I was looking for.
No..it was meant jokingly..not sarcastically....and i wasn't commenting on the washing part at all...just the drying and folding. I LOVE picking mine up all folded...just wish they'd come over and do it all, rather than me dropping/picking up.

suebruce
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Sorry

Post by suebruce » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:31 am

:oops:

I am sorry, I took your comment the wrong way. Thank you for clearing it up.

sue