Best place for a massage

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

lanhawk
PV Fan
PV Fan
Best place for a massage

Post by lanhawk » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:35 pm

Hi All,
I was wondering what everybody's opinion was on where is the best place to go for a massage. I was thinking some place in town as I know the hotels are generally more expensive because of the convinence factor. I want a place thats reasonable but more importantly I want a good massage. :P April can't come soon enough! Happy Holidays

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:39 pm

there are a couple of places just outside of our resort (The GCP)... now the Holiday Inn has some pretty good massages on the beach area, and you can schedule a sunset one or a moonlight maessage too... And for the convenience, the GCP does have some really good 1 hr massages, they may be a little pricier than some other local places, but they are comprable in price compared to our area here in Iowa... so with that said...

good luck... I am sure that Ellen or Jennybean will know of places downtown that will work out for you as well....

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Massage

Post by Jennybean » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:38 pm

I've always gone to Metamorfosis on Fransisco Rodriguez, just off Olas Altas on the south side. Angie has always been a miracle worker for me.

One hour massage, 350 pesos plus whatever tip you give.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Re: Massage

Post by travelbug_jp » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:12 pm

Jennybean wrote:I've always gone to Metamorfosis on Fransisco Rodriguez, just off Olas Altas on the south side. Angie has always been a miracle worker for me.

One hour massage, 350 pesos plus whatever tip you give.
Jennybean, Angie the miracle worker, does she have really good power in her hands or is it more of a relaxation massage? I also will want a really good massage once or twice when I'm there but I need someone who has very strong hands not someone who is merely rubbing lotion on my skin.

Joyce

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:19 pm

tojol57 wrote:there are a couple of places just outside of our resort (The GCP)... now the Holiday Inn has some pretty good massages on the beach area, and you can schedule a sunset one or a moonlight maessage too... And for the convenience, the GCP does have some really good 1 hr massages, they may be a little pricier than some other local places, but they are comprable in price compared to our area here in Iowa... so with that said...

good luck... I am sure that Ellen or Jennybean will know of places downtown that will work out for you as well....
Sorry, I would love to help but I have never had a massage in my life!

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:46 pm

Never?? Elenita you don't know what you are missing.

Joyce

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Angie

Post by Jennybean » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:57 pm

Joyce, I find her massages both relaxing and good for getting out knots. She worked magic on my calf muscles last fall after a particularly onerous climb up some ramps and stairs had rendered me practically an invalid. She might be considered too gentle for a male customer but I find her massages just the right combination of relaxation and therapeutic.

The shop is just tucked away in behind the Cafe San Angel off Olas Altas. There is a sign up sheet on the door, you pick your preferred time and massage therapist.

She's worth it to me and I tip her well too. :)

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:27 pm

I have to remember this place in February for a different look... love a good full body massage with some nice soft music and aroma therapy going on as well.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ooops sorry... got lost in the thoughts and feelings...

Ellen babe, you need to treat yourself... when Joyce gets down there, you should go with her for a girls day at that spa.... you will love it....

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:02 pm

Now your'e talking Tom. I am a spa kinda girl and love to get pampered. No diaper jokes please.

Joyce

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Massage

Post by Jennybean » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:39 pm

Metamorfosis isn't a traditional spa...up until just a few months ago all they did was massage. I understand now they offer manicure/pedicure as well in-house.

For a full on spa experience, don't mess around - go to the Grand Velas. Not cheap but holymoly...what a place!

For just a good inexpensive massage, Metamorfosis does the trick. I go to Elle on R. Gomez for pedicures. Not sure the price right now but I paid about $14US for mine there in October '05. And they were great.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:25 pm

travelbug_jp wrote:Now your'e talking Tom. I am a spa kinda girl and love to get pampered. No diaper jokes please.

Joyce
:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:-X(

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:52 pm

travelbug_jp wrote:Now your'e talking Tom. I am a spa kinda girl and love to get pampered. No diaper jokes please.

Joyce
what do diapers and politicians have in common? ............ they should be changed often, and for the same reason.

**LoLa**
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by **LoLa** » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:24 am

There is a great place that my girlfriends and i went to while in PV. Its located in the plaza directly infront of Canto Del Sol. Its beside what use to be a tattoo parlor (last time I heard it was no longer there, but the sign is still up) We paid $25 USD for 1 hour and 15 minutes! It was great. My girlfriend went 3 times! :D

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:00 pm

Lola,I know that one! I went there in Feb. yes I agree it was reallygood. Very tiny area but the masseur (sp) was very talented.

Joyce