Farmacia

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

nevadabadgirl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Farmacia

Post by nevadabadgirl » Mon May 21, 2007 2:04 pm

Hi Everyone, I was wondering where I could find this information, or if any of you know off hand.

1. Is Avandia available in the farmacias there?
2. Can we buy it without a prescription, or do I need to bring one with us?
3. How much can we bring back per person?

Thanks!

zaksam321
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by zaksam321 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:06 pm

Well I cant answer directly about this specific med but I will say that I have never had any issue purchasing any non habit forming med in PV w/o a prescription. The only limits on what I have taken back were my own pocket book after a week of throwing money around. :D

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Meds

Post by Jennybean » Tue May 22, 2007 4:16 pm

Isn't this med fairly new to the market? If it is, you might have difficulty finding it.

I would also bring a copy of your perscription just in case, if you REALLY want or need to obtain some. And be careful about the quantities you buy if you're intending to "stock up" to take it home...remember that your luggage is hand searched at the PV airport on departure and if you are carrying an abnormally large amount of one medication they could very easily confiscate it.

I heard and read in the news today a rather disparaging study of this drug and a rather large mountain of new evidence of undetected side effects, that might make it a target to be pulled from the shelves...you sure you want it?

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm

The FDA issued a safety alert yesterday about this drug.

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2007/NEW01636.html

femme
PV Fan
PV Fan

warning

Post by femme » Wed May 23, 2007 12:28 am

The FDA has not recalled the drug yet . you will find that a recent study done by these quacks , that they tested a few people unlike the actual 133,000 people the pharmaceutical company tested.
i think you have more risk of getting hit by a car in Calgary downtown or in Winnipeg on Regent Street than croaking on this drug.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

???

Post by Jennybean » Wed May 23, 2007 1:45 am

Congratulations on that medical degree. Must have taken a ton of hard work to get. Wait - you don't have one? Wow, with that dismissal of the entire medical industry, I could have sworn you had one! :wink:

Yes...the pharmaceutical company...because THEY had no vested interest in a po$itive outcome on paper. And like they haven't tossed around a ton of money before to spin a bad result (Vioxx ring a bell?)

For the original poster - my original advice stands...even IF you find it, be careful of the quantities you intend to take home.

nevadabadgirl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by nevadabadgirl » Wed May 23, 2007 4:21 am

Thanks for all the input everyone. I was hoping to buy about 3 months worth, but we will definitely be waiting to see the outcome of the new studies. I hope they are false, as it is the only drug that seems to help my mother's blood sugar levels.

As for it being new, it is about 4-5 years old. But once again, we will wait and see :)

Thanks!