Why bring mine if I can buy it there?

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

snorkie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Why bring mine if I can buy it there?

Post by snorkie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:35 pm

Hola, I had a thought. I was thinking of bringing my fishingpole down for some surf fishing,you know a beach chair a cocktail and mabee catch something other than a buzz. But insted of bringing my gear down, I thought if there was someplace I could buy a cheap setup maybe walmart or something? And then when its time to go home :cry: I could hand it off to some kid fishing with a hand line and make his day :D and mine

MH

p.s.
SIX DAYS TO SUN AND FUN. YESSSS GOODBYE SNOW AND COLD 8)

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:38 pm

the locals fish off the los muertos pier without a pole. they use fishing line attached to a line holder that looks like a kite string holder.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:46 pm

those fishers usually use a coke bottle with some line twirled around it and a paper clip as a hook
some has donated equip with joy
the supermarkets like gigant soriana mega has some equip at times
usually before mexican vacation breaks

chico

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Post by Plus4 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:03 pm

Walmart was selling fishing rods for around $20.00
A fellow we met in PV did something similar snorkie
Bought the fishing rod kit ...had his fun ..caught fish then.... took the rod home for his son for one of his Souvenirs from mexico..
.. :lol: :)
leaving the kit behind for a kid is a better idea.. :)
Last edited by Plus4 on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:26 am

That's exactly what my daughter's boyfriend when they went there last year, bought a kid's outfit at Gigante. He gave it to one of the bellmen when they were leaving.

You know what it's like with fishing. Rod, reel and line are just the start. Bring a kit bag of basic lures.

The locals, as benito stated, don't use such luxuries, just what we used to call a drop line.

I'm just getting into fishing at home myself, and am considering bringing some gear when we go down feb. 23

snorkie
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by snorkie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:13 am

Great !
I realy like this, think I'll go surfing for more info on surf fishing as I have never done it before. Find out what to use and maybe buy a little more than I would have with the idea of passing it on!
Any more tips on where to shop and what to get? How about some surf fish'n stratagies too

muchos gracias mi amigos
MH [sun]

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:45 pm

If you are doing the surf fishing thing, and going to be at the store anyway, make sure you grab a few fixings to take with you and make Ceviche.

[rocks]