Wal-Mart

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

britneymendoza
PV Fan
PV Fan
Wal-Mart

Post by britneymendoza » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:50 am

How does the Wal-Mart in P.V. compare to the Wal-Marts in the U.S.? Are there items that you miss? Can you order certain items if needed?

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:31 pm

there are a lot of similar items, what are you worried about missing from home??? if you cannot find it all you have to do is ask, and they will direct you to the section or area you need to be in...

britneymendoza
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by britneymendoza » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:27 pm

Well, I'm not worried about missing anything specific right now. I've been to different parts of Mexico about 8 times, but never to P.V. The difference this time, is that I'm moving there permanently. I'm just about finished with my degree in Travel & Tourism Management!
I know a lot of people do live there permanently, so I was a little curious if there are certain things that they miss the most. I already know that I will miss carpet, lol!
From my research, it seems that P.V. will be pretty easy to get used to. My husband and are are moving there this year with our three kids ages 8, 10 and 14. So I have many questions and have received helpful information here. Hopefully someday, I will have the opportunity to meet people from this forum, it has been a God-send!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:47 pm

Alrighty then, i understand what your question is about... the one thing about Vallarta now, it has become more and more ex-pat friendly over the years with Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Home Depot, etc... along with Soriana, Mega, Gigante, etc.. to add some of the old favorites too...

good luck to you and your family... have a great one...

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

even better

Post by Arizona Karen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:11 pm

What I love about Wal Mart is that no matter where they are located they have a local section. Macadamia nuts and Tikis in Hawaii, scorpion paper weights in Arizona and trinkets and shot glasses in PV. The one in PV is huge and we found what ever we wanted plus the local specialities of fresh bread (especially the churros), fresh mangos, papayas and microdyn to wash them in.

However, once you become an expat, I'd imagine you'd find local places more suitable and build relationships with the small business owners.

Good luck with your move, it sounds great to me.

britneymendoza
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by britneymendoza » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Thank you so much. Your information was very helpful!
[sun]

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by palapa_gal » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:07 pm

And something you will definately love is that there is now a Costco and they carry Tillamook cheese.

britneymendoza
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by britneymendoza » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:23 pm

You have no idea how happy I am to hear that!!!! That's my favorite cheese, the only cheddar I buy is Tillamook! I was just telling my sister yesterday, that I am really gonna miss my Tillamook cheese, so it's weird that you bring that up!

Yay, cheese! _O_

Thanks!

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Where is Costco?

Post by Arizona Karen » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:56 am

palapa_gal wrote:And something you will definately love is that there is now a Costco and they carry Tillamook cheese.
Where is Costco in PV?

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Where is Costco?

Post by ellen » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:36 am

Arizona Karen wrote:
palapa_gal wrote:And something you will definately love is that there is now a Costco and they carry Tillamook cheese.
Where is Costco in PV?
On Fluvial, the newish road that runs up from the main street across from Villa del Palmar/Holiday Inn area.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Re: Where is Costco?

Post by kcowan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:46 pm

ellen wrote:
Arizona Karen wrote:
Where is Costco in PV?
On Fluvial, the newish road that runs up from the main street across from Villa del Palmar/Holiday Inn area.
AKA behind Gigante and a block west of Francsco Villa and Fluvial.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:27 pm

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Thank you.

Post by Arizona Karen » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:38 am

Thank you for all the help regarding where Costco is.