Bringing Tequila home

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rrbink
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Bringing Tequila home

Post by rrbink » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:27 pm

We went to wal mart and bought our Tequila to bring home we planed to get some bubble wrap to wrap them up We had to look all over town to find some, finely found some in old town If you are going to bring some Tequila home be sure and pack some bubble wrap to bring down with you

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Bubble Wrap Rap

Post by oneistwo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:10 pm

In the Hotel Zone, a little to the South of Plaza Caracol, and on the bay side of the street one there's an Office Max or Office Depot, can't remember which. We get ours there.

tojol57

T-shirts, Socks, etc

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:37 pm

Acutally if you use your cover-ups, t-shirts, footie socks, etc... it will save you a lot more trouble than looking for bubble wrap or packing the silly stuff... it has worked well for us over the last 15 yrs with no problems or issues....

enjoy

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Si, T-shirts

Post by oneistwo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:37 pm

We usually do use the T-shirt wrapping method. We spring for the bubble wrap for the $50 bottles. I know that doesn't make rational sense since the glass is the same as on the $20 bottle, but ....

tojol57

Re: Si, T-shirts

Post by tojol57 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:58 pm

oneistwo wrote:We usually do use the T-shirt wrapping method. We spring for the bubble wrap for the $50 bottles. I know that doesn't make rational sense since the glass is the same as on the $20 bottle, but ....

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but before some of the serious weight restrictions, i brought home 15 litres of Jamaican Rum and Kahluha for the resturant i was working for, and all in T's, sock, swimsuits, etc... without a hitch... knock knock on my wooden head.... ha ha ha ha

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Tom, you ol' pirate, you. :lol:

"I've done a bit of smugglin'
I've run my share of grass,
I made enough money to buy Miami
but I p...ed it away so fast.
Never meant to last
Never meant to last"
J. Buffet.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:27 pm

davilin wrote:Tom, you ol' pirate, you. :lol:

"I've done a bit of smugglin'
I've run my share of grass,
I made enough money to buy Miami
but I p...ed it away so fast.
Never meant to last
Never meant to last"
J. Buffet.

You got that right for sure. Love my J. Buffet as well as being a pirate, and a parrotthead...

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:59 pm

Jimmy's going to be in the bay area in oct., right after my b.day, but $130.00 a ticket, that would take a lot of piracy to raise that money.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:19 pm

DELETED

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:26 pm

Looks to me like aug 3rd in Newport, R.I. is as close as he gets. There are several east coast dates, then to Paris for 2 shows, Las Vegas, San Diego and Mountain View in the Bay Area. How great would it be to see Jimmy in P.V.? Maybe an e-mail campaign would convince him. 8)

JROJEFF
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by JROJEFF » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Well thanks for giving me the idea to look up ticketmaster ,jimmy will be in Indy manana ,to short of notice but I got my tickets for lynyrd Skynyrd
and Kid rock ,I missed the last show after 2 weeks in pv I just could not go from pv to chicago to nashville and then back home with no rest -I get to go now :D

BUFFETT 06
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by BUFFETT 06 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:15 am

i'm going to the buffett show in october, las vegas. for 130, it's worth the money. the pre concert party is the best.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:41 pm

That should be a great time in Vegas. As for me, well, tomorrow night is "Parrot Head night" at the Chico Outlaws baseball game. There will be a Jimmy Buffet tribute band before the game. Looks like that's as close as I'm getting, unless someone gets really generous for my b.day. 8)

Charlie from Philly
PV Fan
PV Fan

Where's the best place to buy? Brand suggestions?

Post by Charlie from Philly » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:58 pm

Bought at the airport last trip. I was happy with the package (Centenario) but when we changed planes in Atlanta i had to scramble to repack because of the stupid liquids rule.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Research, research ...

Post by oneistwo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Charlie:

It's one thing to ask people their favorite cerveza. I don't know if occasional visitors from Pa. like us will ever arrive at a favorite tequila, there are so many brands. I'll get back to you on the couple we've gotten, both the results of tastings we went to in Pitillal and Tequila. For preliminaries though, check out the brands available at the Pa. state store, then cross the bridge to NJ and a Joe Canal's if there's one down that way. I'd suggest making a list of what's available at home, then when in PV try a few things that are NOT on that list. Those corner liquor stores in PV (Are they LaPlaya? Been so many times I'm starting to forget) have an overwhelming selection, the big grocery stores a little less overwhelming.

btw: if you're just making margaritas, this is all irrelevant. Just get the Sauza blanco at the Pa. state stores. Anything but anything "gold" because that's just artificial coloring. Also, for back-home purchase, the Sauza Hornitos is a step up and is more and more available. 100% agave, and about the same price as the phony Jose Cuervo Gold.

Charlie from Philly
PV Fan
PV Fan

Best prices

Post by Charlie from Philly » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks, I always go for cheap for margaritas. Joe Canals is good as well as Total Wines.
Are the prices better at WalMart, airport or the corner "Come in for a taste" shops in PV?

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

one recommendation

Post by oneistwo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:43 pm

Just one recommendation. We took the bus tour to Tequila, and I ended up buying the Casa Noble reposado. Still sipping at it when I think I'm worthy (It's lasting a long time). It's available in the LaPlaya stores, but it's not cheap. I'm not brave enough to go into those open storefronts. As for prices, I haven't found they're so different it's worth going cross-town. We stay at Los Tules, and the (former) Gigante is right across the street, and that's OK for basics. There's a LaPlaya a few blocks away, and we walk there for the selection.

http://www.casanoble.com/main.html

Anybody else out there have any suggestions for my fellow Pennsylvanian?

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:47 pm

we have always had good luck with the Super LaPLaya's all over town... and now with Soriana right next to the GCP we are even in better shape... just like anywhere else in this world, just shop shop shop until you find a price you can live with... and you are right there is so many wonderful styles of Tequila too.. Check out the Casa de Tequila for some "unique" samples, then there is Tres Generacions, Cazadores, Heradurra, Don Julio etc etc etc... blanco, repesado, and anejo (white/light, golden, dark)...

enjoy and good luck

roowie
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

any tequila tastings/stores

Post by roowie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:50 am

near the malecon that are NOT fronts for timeshare sharks?

tojol57

Re: any tequila tastings/stores

Post by tojol57 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:17 pm

roowie wrote:near the malecon that are NOT fronts for timeshare sharks?
A block off the malecon is Casa de Tequila... good place