There goes my Mom! Puerto Vallarta Wedding Info

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Princess
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
There goes my Mom! Puerto Vallarta Wedding Info

Post by Princess » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:20 pm

:roll: Hi! Everyone
Part one, I guess! I could not find a real erea to put this post on this forum.
When I got into this forum, it was based on a friend’s search for her wedding venue and information. (as I lived there for a while) Then I got to tell my mother about our intentions. Did I get into something more then I expected? As my Mother lives permanently in Puerto Vallarta (10 years, mingles a lot) and works part time in Real Estate and right now it is kind of slow season, she got exited to research the matter of our wedding in Puerto Vallarta. Ya, right! Try to get her to calm down! The rocket has taken off. She is getting help from a friend involved in weddings in Puerto Vallarta but will not disclose whom, to stay neutral with the information. The companies listed are not the only ones but probably the most popular she found. This is not meant to be a critic of any of the providers bellow but a short cut to the available providers of wedding services. You can ask me what you would like to know and keep her busy for the time being. This is the first part of her findings and what she sent me. (1st draft). Now she is working onto the venues and restaurant packages. If it can be of help to anyone out there!

Wedding Planners:

Wedding planners have done 100’s of wedding and have mastered the art of planning weddings and other events, in Puerto Vallarta. With years of selecting their independent providers it is also their way to secure the result of your event. The wedding or event planner offers to provide you with personalized and focused service. The Planner’s job is to take the burden of planning and execution off of you so you can focus on enjoying yourself and the loved ones around you. They will have 100’s of satisfied customer comments posted on their web site. They charge a fee as a percentage above what the hired services charges. It is most often even less then what an hotel will charges you. You just do not see the hotel’s profit it as it is part of a package price. Some hotels also have an earlier curfew than a private villa. Wedding planners can make arrangements with certain hotels if it makes it more convenient for the entire group of your event to be at the same location of the event.
References: (em-vallarta.com) (thedazzlingdetails.com) (vallartaweddings.com) (vallartaweddingsbylana.com) (haciendasanangel.com)
(prisarvallarta.com) (adventureweddingspv.com) (vallartaweddsplanners.com)

Photographers:

Most time it is mystery to me why some people hire photographers from fare away that they do not even know personally?
We have some excellent photographers, in Puerto Vallarta, that can rival any photographers from anywhere. The destination photographer
is usually much more expensive; on top of having to pay his or their transportation, accommodation and extra spending money. Of course you need to look at the individual work from any of them. If you can not see it online or have recommendations? Do not buy it!
References: (photovallarta.com) (promovisionpv.com) (weddingsjosef.com) (paulinaulloa.com) (francogonzalez.com) (arreolaphoto.com) (bridgecolor.com)

Videographers:

Videographers unfortunately get the bad wrap for their work! A good wedding videopgraphy will be looked at more times then the photos and they will only be paid one third of what the photographer gets. Of course it is understandable that photography as been historically as essential as the dress and the flowers regardless of the price. Of course there has also been so much bad video jobs been done that is harder to believe that the wedding video will end-up to be more valuable then anything at the event. Can you image watching your favorite movie in pictures or as a slide show.(Titanic, Gost,… The video will catch 30 images per second, the vows, all the emotions, the smile, the teardrops, the sound,
the toasts, the music, the party, the fun,…..What is it worth? Priceless!!!!!!! If you go to Vallarta prior to the Wedding, on a scouting, make sure you take a look at a final copy of the work. I have seen a very good one!
References: (promovisionpv.com) (videodiva.com) (arreolaphoto.com)

Hotel / Wedding Planners:

Some hotels will advertise wedding services but it is more often being managed by a temporary employee and or to be subcontracted to outside wedding planners. Beware that some “all inclusive” hotels will not permit that you bring or hire your photographer or videographer, as they will force you to use their in-house contracted services or you will pay an extra charge for using exterior services. This way they charge you the big dollars while they pay next to nothing, their contracted services. And so is the quality! Do not get trapped! See and look at what you will be getting. Many times, for you guest, the wedding meal, beverages and services are not part of the all inclusive package of the hotel. You will pay extra. References: Westin Regina, Marriott Casa Magna, Sheraton Buganvillas, Playa del Sol Grand, Hotel Dreams, Hotel Velas Vallarta
Hotel NH Krystal, Hotel Grand Velas, Hotels Riu, Hotel Playa Fiesta, These have an on staff permanent wedding & event planner.

Pricess's Mom

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:15 am

Wow! Do you ever come up for a breath? Chuck... 8)

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:05 pm

This goes under Vallarta Services.

Mogens

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:50 am

Hell of an Ad!