Dental Tourism to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

dentaltourism
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Dental Tourism to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Post by dentaltourism » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:34 pm

Dental Tourism is indeed gaining popularity along the US-mexican border as well as to Mexico in general - Booming border cities with a unique advantage on the Mexican side: Medical Costs are way cheaper in Mexico compared to U.S. costs. Therefore U.S.-Americans travel just over the border to see a doctor or buy pharmaceuticals. But, some people may be apprehensive for various reasons about seeing a dentist in Mexico. Why is that? And on the other hand, what are the push- and pull-factors that make patients cross the border and receive dental treatment in Mexico? Each need of the patient has to be met, but what are those? “Mexican Dentists are not held to the same standards as in the U.S.”, but is that really true?

My name is Katja Schnee. I recently research on Medical Tourism to Mexico and especially concentrate on Dental Tourism. I am a graduate student presently writing my diploma thesis at the University of Trier, Germany.

I would like to ask U.S.-American patients on their last dental visits across the border in Mexico. A lot of online blogs and articles tell me that there is a huge forum for discussion and many left open questions. The answers are only used for statistical purposes and the information won’t be shared, sold or distributed to any third parties.

If you have visited Mexico for dental treatment before, I would be very grateful if you could share your opinions by taking about 10 minutes to fill out the following questionnaire. The data will be kept strictly confidential and your anonymity will be guaranteed. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Your answers are very important for my work and are only used for statistical purposes. Start by clicking on the following link or by copying and pasting it in your browser:

http://www.unipark.de/uc/dentaltourismpatients/

Share your opinion about dental treatments you already experienced in Mexico through my survey.

Thank you for your participation in advance.

Katja Schnee (dentaltourism@gmx.de)

mexican one
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

dental tourism

Post by mexican one » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:39 am

My experience was great...root canals $150 canadian...$1500 at home, I had the vacation and dental work done for what I would have paid a canadian dentist to do the work and give him a vacation.
A cleaning was about $10 or 100 pesos and its $150 at home.
I have also sent several folks down and they saved huge.

dentistavallarta
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by dentistavallarta » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:32 am

Hi,

Doctor Blanco here...... My clinic is BIG SONRISA on 1022 Calle Peru just a few steps from the church at PARQUE HIDALGO (near where the malecon begins).

Office phone is 322 113 0398 and my cell phone is 322 149 8731.

If I may assist your study in any way, please let me know. Patient information is confidential but I can answer general questions.

Gracias,

Dr. Israel Blanco
BIG SONRISA

AvaOlivia
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by AvaOlivia » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:59 am

PV offers state-of-the-art technology and high standards of professional care for patients from around the world.

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:23 am

I visit Tijuana at least once a week, I have always been astounded by the number of dentists there, they are everywhere. "Must be a reason" I always thought. But having lived in San Diego for 9 years I have known many Mexicans who say it's simple, if you have a problem with a tooth you just pull it. They go to TJ and get it done for pennies. I've not run across one single person that went there for dental "work", they just go to pull problemed teeth.

I don't know what to make of this.

If the services are the same and are offered at lower cost then sure, I'm in. But how do we compare service and quality?

I will be watching this thread in the hopes that I learn something useful to me ;)

eugene99
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

dental services

Post by eugene99 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:46 am

Hello everyone,

I am planning dental trip to P.V. some time next year for not less then 2 months.
I have extensive dental problems,impossible for me afford in Canada-the recession hit me hard,lost my job...
So,looking for inexpensive dental clinic
around P.Valarta, not in downtown,may be somewhere in outskirts.
Also,as a Canadian citizen,do i have to obtain Mex. Visa?
is there affordable stay for a couple of months?

Appreciate your time,
Thanks for help,
Eugene

Tobitab
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Tobitab » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:14 am

i have no idea why it's too much expensive to have dental check up in us, in other part of north america you will save half the price. Dentist Killeen Dentists Waco

devidparker
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by devidparker » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:51 pm

It actually varies from place to place. All places in USA, dental treatment doesn't cost the same. In different places different prices. As like in Austin the Implant Dentistry Lakeway dentists are very reasonable comparing to their service. In Mexico, i haven't went to Mexico so i don't know about the dental rates of there.

matthewboy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Rate in USA

Post by matthewboy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:07 pm

Sorry brother devid. But i don't think that the rate in dental checkup or treatment is cheap in USA. I have many friends in USA and everybody has said me that they had to pay lot for Sedation Dentistry Lakeway. They are always worried for dental problems.

sghcanada
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

best dentistry

Post by sghcanada » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:29 pm

Costa Rica has the best dentistry and the cheapest. Crowns $250 implants $500. But the real deal is that they have a system that does not require the long wait between implant and crown installation. I had my crowns on the implants in 3 days and they are wonderfull. Best dentistry I've seen. cheers steve

misst
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: best dentistry

Post by misst » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:16 pm

sghcanada wrote:Costa Rica has the best dentistry and the cheapest. Crowns $250 implants $500. But the real deal is that they have a system that does not require the long wait between implant and crown installation. I had my crowns on the implants in 3 days and they are wonderfull. Best dentistry I've seen. cheers steve
sounds good, can you give more information about this clinic, I would like to contact them

techRobo
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by techRobo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:27 am

I am very glad that I find your regular post here. Which seems to be very important and it made good time pass for me. I will always give a nice thrust look in to you from my bookmark feed. I don't actually comment and don't like to spend time in typing the comment. But here I have to do this because this deserves a good like.

kmitch
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

mx Dentist

Post by kmitch » Wed May 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Had 15 porcelain crowns replaced $2675 total, and a 3 tooth acrylic-metal
partial made, $250.

Started on Monday, finished on Thurs.

Done 10 mos. ago in Nuevo Progresso, Mx, So. of Brownsville Tx.

No problems...look great!

Reason so cheap...primarily because trial lawyers have not taken over the country!
Also because it was like going to the dentist in the '70's.
Did have digital xrays but most of the equipment was circa '75 - '80.
Everything clean/sanitary/sterilized.

Don't know if I wounld have had 'invasive" work...implants etc. done though.