RENTING OUR CONDO

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Junebug
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
RENTING OUR CONDO

Post by Junebug » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Who do you use or by what means do you rent your condo?

I've been using a local realtor, but she is taking 15% commission right off the top & on top of that, we have to absorb user fees for the renter & any services (i.e. maid service/laundry) that can be as much as $175. usd per week.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: RENTING OUR CONDO

Post by ellen » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:10 pm

Junebug wrote:Who do you use or by what means do you rent your condo?

I've been using a local realtor, but she is taking 15% commission right off the top & on top of that, we have to absorb user fees for the renter & any services (i.e. maid service/laundry) that can be as much as $175. usd per week.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
We rent ours by newspaper ads in our hometown paper and by watching sites like this where people express an interest in renting a condo. Our neighbour here in Vallarta has had alot of success with vrbo.com. In the past we have Fed-Exed the keys after receiving the payment, including a self-addressed stamped envelope for returning them. Now we have a caretaker that we trust and he keeps a set of keys for renters. We include maid service in the rental fees and have our own washer and dryer so laundry is not an issue.

Arizona Karen
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Arizona Karen » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:51 pm

We rent condos almost everywhere we travel and we use vrbo.com almost all the time. Don't know anything about how much they charge, but do know that it's the first site I go to for rentals.

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:25 pm

I second the comment about vrbo.com. I always use vrbo. Renters don't mind paying for the maid service, as long as you advertise ahead of time that there is a $60 cleaning fee, or whatever.

One of the landlords of a Nuevo Vallarta condo, who lives in Pennsylvania, Fed-ex'ed the keys to me with instructions, and we let ourselves in, and then mailed the keys back to him when we returned home to the States. We paid by mailing him a check ahead of time. It was simple from my standpoint.

For other rentals, there has been someone there to greet us and give us the keys to the unit.

Sally

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 pm

15% is cheap. most rental agencies charge 20%...