Wifi hotspots, internet cafes and the like

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

robrtsmtn
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Wifi hotspots, internet cafes and the like

Post by robrtsmtn » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:03 am

First of all, hi folks. I am getting ready for my first trip to PV, and am vaccilating about bringing my laptop. Normally on business, I use it to maintain close contact with family rather than a phone. What is the general concensus? Are there sufficient wifi hotspots to make it worth the hassle of bringing my laptop, or should I leave it at home and use internet cafes? BTW, I get contradictory information whether the resort I will be staying at has free or paid internet, the Melia Puerto Vallarta. I, so far, have read quite a bit of the forum, and really am learning. Thanks, Bob

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Don't know about wifi hotspots but I just go to the cafes. I try to spend as little time as possible on the internet when I am on vacation! I will be bringing my cell phone this time but for texting purposes only. Have an elderly mother in a care home and want to be able to get notice asap if something happens so I understand the need to stay in touch.

Daniels
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

WiFi in PV

Post by Daniels » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:42 pm

When I was there last year I found that there were password protected WiFi at a lot of resturants, I asked for the password when I ordered and used my I-touch to send and receive e-mails. This year I will do the same.

robrtsmtn
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by robrtsmtn » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Thanks for the info. I believe I will leave the laptop at home, and pick up a phone card while in PV for home contact.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

If you don't really need it

Post by oneistwo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:16 am

I brought mine last year because I got grandiose about writing. But it turned out we used it mostly for playing music and organizing photos. For e-mail, we walked down the block to the internet cafe because it was just simpler than exploring for a hotspot. This year, dunno. We'd have to justify the weight of the laptop, the power brick and the cable lock.

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:30 pm

Many bars/restaurants offer free calls back home, just buy a beer.
Cafe Roma, Asaderos and Que?Pasa, to mention just a few.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Public Wi-Fi Locations in Puerto Vallarta

Post by webmaster » Mon May 13, 2013 10:05 am

I've just finished making a preliminary Wi-Fi Map of publica locations in Vallarta: http://www.puertovallarta.net/fast_fact ... llarta.php

Hope you like it, plus please tell me the ones I've missed so I can add them.

Greetings

Mogens