Matromonial grande hammock

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master
Matromonial grande hammock

Post by chrisnick » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:20 am

Anyone know if they still sell these??? How much?? Where??? I bought my first one in 1979 I think it was. It was a matromonial grande made from a thin string. Hung it outside and left it there for years and years. My sister-in-law wants me to find one for her and although I have been in Mexico several times I have never had the need to look for one.

Figured this is a great place to find out if they still make them and how much I should expect to pay.

Thanks!!

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:52 pm

There is a shop in La Penita that makes those types of hammocks. I might have the name somewhere - I'll search around and see if I can find it. But - it's close to the Don Jose hotel and the restaurant/bar "Hymie's and Jamies" (I know I have that wrong!) Checking out the market in La Penita is quite worthwhile and that was how we found this place. If I can find the name I'll let you know.

Only 6 more days Chris - you must be so excited!! We'll be right behind you!

Sherry

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Don't think we will take the time to head out there. Thats quite far north of PV isn't it? Anything closer to PV??

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:50 pm

It's about 45 minute to an hour on the bus - the greyhound type. We've gone twice now - actually have gone out on Wed. and spent the night (last year got a deal for a 2 bedroom suite at $40) take in the market and back to PV loaded with goodies by early afternoon.

If I can find this girls' card for you it might have other locations. Those hammocks are great - we brought one back for Des's daughter and she loves it!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Cool thanks - so is shopping so much better there? Cheaper?

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:06 pm

You'll see lots of what you'll see in PV at the markets. We've found in the last two years that we've been able to negotiate lower prices than we could in PV. We certainly didn't have a problem getting a room for one night at a decent rate. Last year we also wandered over to Guyabitos ($3 cab ride) and there was lots to see there too. We're debating spending the night there this year. The hotels there are a little more $$ but not much. The first year we took the bus we were nervous as we thought we were "going" off the grid" but now we wouldn't miss a trip out there to the market! I think that Joyce has made a few trips there aw well and could probably add some insight!

Hopefully we'll run into you down there - only 8 more sleepd for us!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:30 pm

Thanks! Cannot wait!! Looks like the weather is improving too. Guessing we will be on the beach at the Playa Los Arcos quite a bit.

rosie

hammock

Post by rosie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:37 am

check with Roberto of Roberto's Silver. He sells hammocks and if he doesn't have what you're looking for he will likely know someone who does and will get one for you. Roberto is located in a white palapa topped hut just between Taste of Italy and Burros Bar. Northmb is right, there is a shop that makes ands sells these in La Penita, it's located on the main street, they are very colourful and hard to miss! La Penita is worth the trip, especially on Thursdays which is market day.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:56 am

There are several vendors on the beach selling them. I am sure if they don't have them they would be more than happy to bring you one. They will know where to get them and if you tell them what you want size/color etc. they will have it the next time you see them or they see you. Their networking skills amongst each other are amazing and often times within an hour or less they will be back what you are looking for. It's my favorite kind of shopping, where else can you have a personal shopper while you sit with your toes in the sand and a drink in your hand? :D

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Your are right about the networking. I am always amazed and how they remember who you are and where you are!

Not entirely sold on the idea of bringing one of these back for my sister-in-law...My husband says she can go get her own! LOL...They are a little heavy if I remember correctly and not sure I want to take it back with me...