Best place to buy booze

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Titus
PV Fan
PV Fan
Best place to buy booze

Post by Titus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:33 pm

should I plan on buying duty free at the airport or in town?

grammalil
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by grammalil » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:27 pm

buying in town, you must "check" it in your luggage home.......is that what you are asking?

The tequila I buy, I must get in town, so I have to pack mine. :D

Titus
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Titus » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:28 pm

thanks for the reply 8)

I actually meant if I arrive on a monday, where should I buy 'supplies' for the week while I am in PVR?

Also, I have read that absinthe is legal in mexico. Do you know where in PVR it is stocked and if I can bring it home (USA)?

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Depends what you drink. If you drink vodka buy it at the duty free because it will be cheaper. Last year Absolut was quite expensive. This year I will be buying at the duty free. Tequila is abundant and as expensive and/or as cheap as you want it to be. I brought some Canadian whiskey for a friend last year as he couldn't get it in PV.

Titus
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Titus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:27 pm

chrisnick wrote:Depends what you drink. If you drink vodka buy it at the duty free because it will be cheaper. Last year Absolut was quite expensive. This year I will be buying at the duty free. Tequila is abundant and as expensive and/or as cheap as you want it to be. I brought some Canadian whiskey for a friend last year as he couldn't get it in PV.
I'd like to get absinthe since they supposedly can sell the real stuff in mexico but not in the States. Do you know where they might stock it? otherwise if it it's just regular booze I'm not too picky. A bottle of Jameson would get me through.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:32 pm

No I don't but I have friends in PV so I can check for you. You can send me an email so I don't forget! When are you going?

Titus
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Titus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:34 pm

we ar actually leaving next week. I was hoping to get two special items in PV that I can't get up here. fine Cuban cigar, and an authentic bottle of absinthe if possible. Wanted to hit a bull fight as well, but realized that the season appears to not start until December. oh well, I'll have a reason to go back ;)