SHOPPING FOR BATHINGSUITS

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

BOSTON
SHOPPING FOR BATHINGSUITS

Post by BOSTON » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:59 am

I know dumb girl question? But are there places to buy bikinis, bathing suits in PV? Would it be worth it for me to wait and get one there rather than buy one in the states?

How is the shopping by the way? Is it good prices or junk....

wdayna
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:SHOPPING FOR BATHINGSUITS

Post by wdayna » Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:58 pm

There are stores there with lots of bathing suits, but I found them quite expensive, like any other tourist spot. I bought a bikini at home (Canada) for $60 canadian and the same one down there worked out to $89 US, and the one I bought at home wasn't on sale.

Janet22

Post by Janet22 » Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:42 pm

Hi there, if you can buy your suits at home, go for it...I have been down to PV 5 times, and trust me, I love to shop and bikinis are very pricey, and they all seem to be in the itsy bitsy
teeney weeny sizes, that I am not! Also, it is getting very expensive to shop in PV, because
I am Canadian, and everything down there is based on the American dollar, so we start losing 30- 40 percent right off the top!
Most of the stuff there looks good while you are buying it but once you get it home, it usually ends up in the first garage sale. But there is a good side, I like to buy the knock off stuff for the kids, ie, sunglasses, Oakley's, etc., I also love their bathing suit wraps, they have ones that you can get from the beach vendors for about 10 US, same price as up here, but now they have the plazzo pants, they are really cute, same price. You can get souvenir T- shirts 4 for 100 pesos, if you go to the right shops. They are light weight, but great for our summers. We have found that if you shop on the main streets, prices are higher, but if you slip down some of the side streets you can get better deals.
Be careful about buying jewellery down there, they tell you its silver, but it is actually alpaca, a metal alloy...but it polishes up nice, the only thing is you have to polish it every time you wear it! Even though most of the stuff is a little junkie I ALWAYS manage to fill up the suitcase coming home, I figure its the least we can do to help their economy, ( hubby says I support the whole PV economy when I am there,) in return for a wonderful 2 weeks every year of sun and fun and not to mention the best PINA COLADAS you will ever have!
If you want more info, email me back, as the saying goes, "Been there, done that, and bought the T-shirt to prove it"! cheers Jan

susana

Post by susana » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:30 am

sure, there are lots of shops. cheap, mid-range & high-end designer. but personally i don't like to spend time shopping once i hit PV, so would suggest to arrive with at least one pool/beach comfortable outfit. then go from there.

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:18 pm

How about getting a custom made swimsuit while you're in PV?
See [html]<a href=http://quebarbara.com>QueBarbara</a>[/html]