Safe to shop???

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

vickihd
PV Fan
PV Fan
Safe to shop???

Post by vickihd » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:56 am

My husband is curious about how safe it is for me to go downtown shopping by myself. (He is not worried about the amount of $$ I may spend, just about my safety) I would only go out during the day by myself. I am a little nervous even about riding in a cab alone. It's funny I work in downtown San Francisco, and have no worries about the problems that occur there, but since it is in a "foreign" place and this is our first time staying in PV for a week we are just curious. Comments would be appreciated.

QuieroPV

Re:Safe to shop???

Post by QuieroPV » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:24 am

The main shopping area is very safe and filled with American & Canadian shoppers, including women shopping alone. Have fun!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:29 am

Not a thing to worry about.

nj

Post by nj » Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:17 am

I would not be worried shopping alone during the day in downtown PV. Save money--take the bus.

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:01 am

Vicki, after several trips to PV solo, I have found the city to be extremely safe for walking around alone. And I prefer to shop by myself. Just take the normal precautions about not showing large sums of money at one time and if you use a credit card, make sure it never leaves your sight, or it might be cloned. I also keep my purse closed and on my body at all times. But as far as personal safety, I have never had a problem or even a situation that made me nervous. Enjoy!

PETER

Post by PETER » Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:51 pm

PVDEB IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY , IT"S NO DIFFERENT IN PVR THAN ANYWHERE ELSE BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AND ENJOY THE GREATEST VACATION YOU"VE EVER HAD .

HAVE FUN !!!!

big guy

Post by big guy » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:13 pm

Hello Vicki

big guy

Post by big guy » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:17 pm

Hello Vicki
Of course its safe to shop in P.V.After midnight maybe not as safe.Thats nice that your husband cares so much about your safety I think he deserves a Corona ,for being such a nice guy.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:06 am

It's safe, but if you have a problem, seek out one of the "tourist" police who frequent the tourist areas. They wear white uniforms and speak English (and Spanish).

cabron
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by cabron » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:57 pm

Just as safe after midnight as before. Safer than any of the US cities I've been to.

VHD

Post by VHD » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:40 pm

Thank you for all your helpful comments. My husband and I feel better after reading all your helpful input. We leave on Sunday and we can't wait for our vacation to begin, and I can't wait to shop, shop, shop. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Vicki