Carton of smokes?

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Villa Del Palmar
Carton of smokes?

Post by Villa Del Palmar » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:20 pm

How many pesos is a carton of smokes there?

adamkw
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re:Carton of smokes?

Post by adamkw » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:24 am

I don't remember precisely but I know it was really cheap compared to Ontario where I am. I have a vague recollection of single packs being about 27 pesos or $3 Canadian.

2cdnguys

Post by 2cdnguys » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:46 am

Villa Del Palmar (Feb 16, 2004 05:20 p.m.):
How many pesos is a carton of smokes there?
at any of the numerous "Tecate 6" (a typical convience store chain) a pack of 20 Marlborl lights cost 17 pesos (2.00 Cdn) or 1.55 U.S. at the supermarkets they were 15 Pesos. we paid less than 15 US dollars for cartons of smokes (10 packs) INSANLY CHEAP!! came home with quite a few cartons .

Lyle Manendez

Post by Lyle Manendez » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:05 pm

They may be cheaper, but they are definately different. I am not sure if they use lower grade tobacco or what?

riflelady

Post by riflelady » Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:14 pm

We paid 11.60 cnd, for a carton of smokes. But one warning if you plan on bringing them back to Canada you will get dinged big time for Canadian Tax even if you bring your limit back they still nail you with that tax....

yvonsky
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by yvonsky » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:40 am

riflelady (Feb 22, 2004 10:14 a.m.):
We paid 11.60 cnd, for a carton of smokes. But one warning if you plan on bringing them back to Canada you will get dinged big time for Canadian Tax even if you bring your limit back they still nail you with that tax....
$11.60 is only a little more than we pay for one package of ciggarettes here in Alberta,so i think it is a pretty good deal for a carton.How many packages in a carton? Is there many brands to choose from?What do they taste like(pretty good,not bad or bad)?What brand taste the most like canadian cigarette?Thanks for the info.