Verizon Cellular Service in PV?

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan
Verizon Cellular Service in PV?

Post by harry » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:03 pm

Verizon shows some cell phone sevice in Mexico but doesn't specifically show PV. Anybody know if it works if you have the international subscription? Looks like it would save a lot on phone calls.

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Verizon Cellular Service in PV?

Post by stew » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:30 pm

harry wrote:Verizon shows some cell phone sevice in Mexico but doesn't specifically show PV. Anybody know if it works if you have the international subscription? Looks like it would save a lot on phone calls.
Save? Not sure about that. When I checked last year it wasa $30 USD fee plus $3.67 a minute not cheap by my standards. Now the phone casitas can be as low as 3 pesos a minute (about 28 cents ) or phone cards for about 40 cents per minute.

ginger
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ginger » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:45 pm

:( We were in Nuevo Vallarta end of September. No cell service whatsoever. We have both Verizon and another service out of Arizona (I think it's called Freedom). Had planned on continuing with work while there, but with no cell service and unable to send or receive attachments to email (the concierge said "Oh senor, you cannot do that in Mexico!) we finally gave up the plan of working and just relaxed and had fun.

sandib
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Cell Phone

Post by sandib » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:03 pm

:-|3 I'm a verizon user. Before going to Mexico this last year I switched to the international plan with free long distance. We stay out north of Nueva Vallarta and do not get service there. We did get very clear service right in PV and with the plan I'm on I paid no additional fees for any calls I made in PV! I'm on the international plan with free long distance. Just cost me a few dollars more to switch to that plan but is well worth it. Is so nice to call the folks back home and tell them all about sitting on the beach sipping margaritas!

sandib
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

working?!?!?!

Post by sandib » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:06 pm

Ginger, What the heck are you doing trying to work in such a wonderful place? I try to forget all the stresses of home and PV is the perfect place. I noticed you are from the high desert in California. We live pretty close to each other. Maybe we can get together in PV some day and toast the wonderful humidity of PV compared to the DRY desert! Anyway, forget work! Too many wonderful things to do and see in PV. Already booked for August 2006! Counting the sleeps already. :)

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: working?!?!?!

Post by stew » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:42 pm

sandib wrote:Ginger, What the heck are you doing trying to work in such a wonderful place? I try to forget all the stresses of home and PV is the perfect place. I noticed you are from the high desert in California. We live pretty close to each other. Maybe we can get together in PV some day and toast the wonderful humidity of PV compared to the DRY desert! Anyway, forget work! Too many wonderful things to do and see in PV. Already booked for August 2006! Counting the sleeps already. :)
I love the Eastern slope/395 area, great camping, great fishing, great views, great alpine lakes & most of all great People!

randyintucson
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by randyintucson » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:38 pm

Just switched to Verizon's North American plan and tried it out in PV last week. Was able to receive and make calls with no trouble, but had to dial 001 and my # to get voice mail.

ginger
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: working?!?!?!

Post by ginger » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:56 pm

sandib wrote:Ginger, What the heck are you doing trying to work in such a wonderful place? I try to forget all the stresses of home and PV is the perfect place. I noticed you are from the high desert in California. We live pretty close to each other. Maybe we can get together in PV some day and toast the wonderful humidity of PV compared to the DRY desert! Anyway, forget work! Too many wonderful things to do and see in PV. Already booked for August 2006! Counting the sleeps already. :)
You know, it's a strange thing when you are self employed, no one does the work for you when you are on vacation. So we tried to work there! As it is we had a wonderful time and enjoyed many sights and eats while in NV and PV. Don't know when we'll get back, we rarely take a full weeks vacation anyway. This was a special for my 50th birthday. :D

EdmontonOilers
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by EdmontonOilers » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:57 am

LEAVE IT AT HOME OR STAY HOME

Re: Verizon Cellular Service in PV?

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:05 pm

So sad....I go to PV to get away from phones. Stay 4 months a year there and just purchase a cheap TELMEX card for emergencies....never have used it.

billybob
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by billybob » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:04 pm

Ginger I'm in the same boat self employed that is, we do lots of three day weekends and have very rarely taken a whole week off. After this last trip I've decided I will do more week long vacations in the future. We stayed at the RIU last time and the cell service was hit and miss in the room. Great signal in PV and on boats.
Thanks anyway Chris I'll take my phone and travel. After all thats what allows me to travel $$.

harry
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: Cell Phone

Post by harry » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:03 pm

sandib wrote::-|3 I'm a verizon user. Before going to Mexico this last year I switched to the international plan with free long distance. We stay out north of Nueva Vallarta and do not get service there. We did get very clear service right in PV and with the plan I'm on I paid no additional fees for any calls I made in PV! I'm on the international plan with free long distance. Just cost me a few dollars more to switch to that plan but is well worth it. Is so nice to call the folks back home and tell them all about sitting on the beach sipping margaritas!
Thanks for the info as that is the plan i was wondering about. Regards, Harry