painted wooden mask

Arts, tequila, silver, souvenirs, etc. plus services: doctors, dentists, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

desi
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
painted wooden mask

Post by desi » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:53 pm

I know I have seen ceramic and clay masks but where would I find a painted wooden mask? A friend from work is wanting one brought back. I know I have seen all of the carved figurines and would like to get a mask that is painted like those....any suggestions or just try my luck at the market I wont be there very long and dont wanna spend a lot of time looking for one(not that i probably would anyways...its my vacation! One week from today I will be in PV! Thanks guys

Mikey and Gabby
PV Fan
PV Fan

Painted Wooden Masks

Post by Mikey and Gabby » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:08 am

Pretty sure I have seen beach vendors selling them.

michelle/tyler
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by michelle/tyler » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:52 pm

I know me and tyler saw them we almost bought one for his mom and I cant remember what the rest. name is that it was close to. The restraunt has tables outside on the sidewalk and I believe it was italian food they served. Anyways it was just before that resteraunt.

ozzy
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by ozzy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:44 pm

In old town there are a number of little stores that sell them. Also below the bridge in town there are quite a few shops that sell them as well. Believe it or not, under the bridge they have decent prices if you shop around. We have bought many masks as well as a 4 foot wooded Aztec Calender there. The calender was sure fun bringing back on the plane but well worth the extra effort and tips to get it home (weighed 75 lbs.). If you like the coconut masks they are there as well and very inexpensive. When my wife gets back she can give you more accurate directions as we have a few business cards from there. Oh and Bucerias has prices as well. [hello]