Orphanage

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ZAH
Orphanage

Post by ZAH » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:31 pm

Does anyone know if the is an orphanage in PV. I would like to drop off some childrens clothes and toys. Thanks for your help.

bzy1inpv

Re:Orphanage

Post by bzy1inpv » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:30 pm

Hi Zah!
There are many, the one I work with Refugio Infantile Santa Esperanza, R.I.S.E., is lucky and has lots of clothes and toys, but Casa Hogar, out near the airport can really use anything. You can take a cab there during the day to do a drop off. Thanks so much for thinking of the kids and going out of your way to give something back to Vallarta. :)

ellenl
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by ellenl » Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:37 am

ZAH,
I was looking into the same thing this last Nov. and did as Brenda had suggested to me. I took down a couple bags of my daughters outgrown things and dropped them off at Casa Hogar on my way to the hotel. Very rewarding!!

By the way--thanks Brenda for all the work you do with the kids!! They are lucky to have you down there!!

Ellen

THANG

Post by THANG » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:27 pm

Ellen (Jan 05, 2005 10:37 p.m.):
ZAH,
I was looking into the same thing this last Nov. and did as Brenda had suggested to me. I took down a couple bags of my daughters outgrown things and dropped them off at Casa Hogar on my way to the hotel. Very rewarding!!

By the way--thanks Brenda for all the work you do with the kids!! They are lucky to have you down there!!

Ellen

Jeremy

Post by Jeremy » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:21 pm

Going to PV in March and would like to take some things for the Orphanage. Got a few questions though.
How close is Casa Hogar to the airport?
Would a cab driver know where it is just by name?
Does anybody have an address or street name?
Does anyone have any contact info for Casa Hogar?
I would like to take some things to them, but would like to take things that they specifically need.
Thanks for any info you might have.
Jeremy

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Sat May 14, 2005 4:55 am

Hi Jeremy,
This reply is too late for your trip (I hope you had fun!), but Casa Hogar is about two miles north of the airport, along the main road through PV. It is located just before you reach the big Modelo/Corona Beer building (on the same side of the road). Follow the frontage road exit signs for "Central Camionera" (cental bus terminal) and you will drive past the front entrance of Casa Hogar. Your cab driver will probably know the location of Casa Hogar.

Maybe this information will be useful for your NEXT Puerto Vallarta visit :)

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:49 pm

Matt,
Thanks for the info on Casa Hogar. It was to late for my trip in March but came in handy for my trip last week. I took down a couple of bags of clothes and a soccer ball as well as a few $. My cab driver did not know where it was but found it easily with your directions.
Thanks again
Jeremy