El anclote or Destiladeras?

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

bananaboat
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
El anclote or Destiladeras?

Post by bananaboat » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:41 am

I´ve been told that these are the best north vallarta beaches, which one is worth to visit ? How far are they from the airport? What are the things to do there? 8)

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 pm

I've been to Destiladeras many times, and it's my personal favorite. There are places to eat/drink, you can surf (sort of!) anything you'd normally do at a beach I guess! It's a short drive from the airport. Time-wise pends whether you're driving yourself or bussing it.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:14 pm

Destilldares is the prettiest beach in the Bay for surf and walking the sand.

El Anclote has a poor beach but lots of restaurants. Both acccessible on the same bus from Walmart. Better yet, do lunch at the beach and dinner in the town.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:21 am

Someone recently mentioned that they were building on Destillerades and that the restaurant was closing and the beach not accessible. Has anyone heard anymore on this? It is a shame because it was a really beautiful beach with public access.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:05 pm

I have not been there lately but when that rumour was raised, it was quickly declared to be false.

What is true is that the Los Venoros beach club at the north end has shut down to the public but the ramadas by the bus stop are apparently still open for lunch and drinks.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:33 pm

I hope that is true Keith. I think it is the best beach as well. Anclote is a fun place to go because of lots of restaurants. It is also calm and shallow there if that is what you need.

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Post by lyrihn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:36 pm

The restaurant etc is still open with the same owners - but the beach will eventually be closed and there are hotels slated to be built there.

The owners of the restaurant rent the place and the owner of the land has informed them that they will have to close. They are all friends - its not a hostile thing at all.

Originally it was supposed to happen this year - but that has been formaly been delayed another year. Hundreds of hectareas of land have also been bought by the same developers across the highway from Destiladeras as well. It is a very large project.

Now considering the housing market worldwide - my guess is that it may well be delayed again.

I am having dinner with one of restaurant owners tonight - if i learn anything worthwhile ill post it.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:34 pm

lyrihn wrote:Now considering the housing market worldwide - my guess is that it may well be delayed again.

I am having dinner with one of restaurant owners tonight - if i learn anything worthwhile ill post it.
Please ask whether there are any plans for a public restaurant and maybe day passes for the pool and beach. Some hotels offer these.

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Post by lyrihn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:03 pm

Ive discussed this before with him, and there have been some announcements from the govenor of nayarit that the hotels going in at desiladeras WOULD allow public access via day passess etc. They actually spoke of some public ventanas del mar as well.

Now whether we can believe them or not is the question. Maybe as it moves forward with enough public pressure it will become more than lip service