Need a cheap rental with our dog

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

KimandAndrew
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Need a cheap rental with our dog

Post by KimandAndrew » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:36 pm

My husband and I are looking to move to PV in January for 6 months. We are young people and love the dowtown area and would like to stay close to all the hustle and bustle. We don't need luxury, but I can't seem to find hardly anything for rent in that area. Would like to spend $400-$800 per month USD. Would it be better if we wait until we get down there to find a place? Thanks!

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:47 pm

If you can stay in a hotel for awhile and look around I know that you can find a place. There are usually "for rent" signs up all over the place in the downtown area, especially on the back streets and along Juarez as you head north. Ot have you tried looking at the on-line version of Mano a Mano? It's -www.manoamano.com.mx. When there click on "Deptos. en renta" right in the middle of the page. Good luck.

KimandAndrew
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by KimandAndrew » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:29 pm

Thank you for the information! That is what I needed to know is whether there would be rentals in that area that I might not find listed on websites. I have looked at mano o mano, however my Spanish is not the best and I'm not sure how to tell what area of town the listings are in. Would the area around the Malecan be listed as Centro? Oh, and what does a/a mean?

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:16 am

I can't be much help here, but I think a/a stands for aire aconditionado, or air conditioned. For areas of town, they are listed as "col" for colonia or neighborhood. so "col. Zapata" would be the neighborhood around that street, etc. Not much, but I think that's so.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:43 am

Just keep in mind that you are going during "high season", you might find alot more options right now than in January when everyone is already in town for the winter. Just a thought.

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by Contessa » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:31 pm

Just a thought... you can use babelfish or another translator to translate the rental page from the online version ellen mentioned. I tried it and it worked great.

**LoLa**
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by **LoLa** » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:25 pm

like Ellen said, I would check out that website because we are going to PV from Feb-May..and we were looking around for places. Luckily we found a condo yesterday, but my suggestion to you is to start booking something asap because they go fast! And considering your going in high season, im sure there are alot of other people looking as well! good luck! :D

TJKSwift
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by TJKSwift » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:22 pm

My suggestion would be to find accomodations now rather than once you arrive. We have had our condo rented for the month of January 08 since last February. The good deals go fast.

Bajapumba
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Bajapumba » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:04 am

Here is a free publication you can get online every week, Thrusday nite's

We found a apt this way. they have a Englosh section also.

-http://www.manoamano.com.mx