School?

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

britneymendoza
PV Fan
PV Fan
School?

Post by britneymendoza » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:07 am

So I'm still planning my move to P.V. this year with my husband and kids. I guess what I'll do is post questions here as they come and then compile all responses in a file. So here's a question that comes to mind...

My kids are 14, 10 and 8 years old. They speak little Spanish. Can anyone tell me about any schools there? What do I need from the U.S. to transfer them? Grades, immunizations? I've found one school already, it's called Colegio Mexico-Americano. Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks in advance!!
Britney Mendoza :P

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Post by lyrihn » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:24 pm

Colegio Mexican - Americana is an excellent school - both in terms of facilities as well as quality of education. Instruction is promarily in english. You need to be sure to enrole early because classrooms fill up. The enrollment period i beleive has already begun - and there is a price break if you enroll in the next 30 days or some such thing.

Some of the founders of the school are origially from Chicago - and to this day they work very hard to make sure that the school is all it can be.

Contact the school to find out about the other requirements.

britneymendoza
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by britneymendoza » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks. From what I found on their website, I figured all this to be true. It's nice to hear it from someone on here as well.

Is the school year calendar different in P.V. than it is in the U.S.? Or would it be the same, start in September, end in June?

Thanks again for your help.
Britney Mendoza