Loma del Mar

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

deollafan
PV Fan
PV Fan
Loma del Mar

Post by deollafan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Now that I'm getting closer to retirement and moving permanently to PV, I have a question about the condos. I stayed in them several times between 2001-2003, and I enjoyed being there. It's a good location, and owners can have pets.

Hopefully this question won't step on anyone's toes, but I was wondering why so many units in this complex are for sale at the same time. It looks like on the mls site there are at least six of them for sale right now. What's going on?

On a side note, I remember around 1994 that a friend of mine who lives there took me up the hill to see them. He said they probably went for around thirty thousand American. Who knew?!! Should have bought one then!

deollafan
PV Fan
PV Fan

no replies?

Post by deollafan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:01 pm

So does the lack of replies to my question about Loma del Mar mean that no one on the board has any knowledge of real estate on the south side of town? Was it a dumb question, since the answer to my query is possibly related to the state of the economy in the U.S. and a general slowdown in the PV real estate market?

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:04 pm

It is an older complex. It is large. It is central. Many people rent there every year. Some of the units have been upgraded and others are original. Rates vary greatly between them. Chris Wynn and his mum own there.

Selva Romantica is a block north and much nicer. But more expensive.

deollafan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by deollafan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks for the reply, but my original question was why there seemed to be so many units available for sale at the same time? I'm interested in purchasing in PV soon, and was asking wondering perhaps if anything unusual was happening to cause so many to be for sale at once. I enjoyed the units when I vacationed there a few times.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:58 pm

It would be just speculation on my part. When we purchased last fall, there were several buildings with multiple condos for sale. There seems to be regular turnover in PV as people get old or die. Others have purchased in one of the new condos to upgrade. People like elevators and covered parking. The condo we purchased was from an owner who moved to a house on the canal in NV.

There is some construction planned to the south and west: the old Bai Sri site, the one beside it and Juniors. So there may be some trucks and noise.

And the market is down in PV. Sales were down 10% in 2007 and are tracking a further 30-40% decline in 2008 so the number of listings is growing.

deollafan
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by deollafan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. All those factors seem to make sense as to the number of units available. I was also wondering if perhaps, since so many of them seem to be super-upgraded (almost ridiculously so in some cases, considering the building), I was wondering if flippers were involved.

As I stated, I really enjoyed staying there. The location is great for me. I don't care if there are elevators or covered parking. When I can no longer climb stairs, it's time to hang it up! My great-grandmother made it just shy of her 100th birthday, and she went up and down the stairs of her family home from her suite on the third floor until almost the very end.

Back to Loma del Mar- I actually prefer the ones listed on the mls that haven't been too upgraded. I like tile counters instead of granite, for example. The main factor for me, though, was that they allow pets and it's on the south side of town. I have a Boston terrier and a conure that will be moving with me. Also, I plan to live without the expense of a car, so parking is not an issue for me.

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by marcos » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:09 pm

I think the number of units for sale probably relates to the size of the complex ... the more units there are, the more will probably be for sale at any one time. That's usually the way it is with subdivisions, condo complexes in the US.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:40 am

check with a real estate agent or office that deals with that complex. they can give you good up to date info on the market and hopefully loma del mar.

drtricia
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by drtricia » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:39 pm

I'm wondering if the person who posted back in August has any info to share on Loma del Mar (as in buying there). I've been to PV many times and will be staying (rental) in one of the units there for a month starting mid-Jan. Does anyone know how to access the MLS for PV and who are the most reputable real estate agents there. I have to think with what I've heard about our economy (US) and PV that prices might be starting to trend downward? Thanks!

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:24 pm

there was a condo for sale in loma del mar when we were there in november. i want to say that it was going for around 195,000 usd, but i could be wrong. it might be listed on panchos villas. emma from the property shop told us about it.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:50 pm

There are some units for sale:
A11 for $279k and 807sq.ft. Tropicasa
B25 for $269k and 817sq.ft. Applegate
Casa de Flores for $225k and 1240sq.ft.with private pool Vallarta Sunset Properties
This last one seems to be a steal!

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

My thoughts on Loma Del Mar

Post by pdxbuff » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:26 am

Nice complex with an underused swimming pool. I rented a condo in Building B a couple of years go which was nearest the road to the Mismaloya Hwy which is terribly noisy. I remembered to bring my ear plugs so all was well. I would recommend renting in C or D. Just my opinion.

Kimmy B
PV Fan
PV Fan

Available Units in Loma del Mar

Post by Kimmy B » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:22 pm

I've rented in Loma del Mar several times and from the first visit, I knew that this was where I wanted to spend a sunny and warm retirement.

I`m thrilled to say that unit A11 is no longer available! It`s mine... all mine! <:-)-

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Re: Available Units in Loma del Mar

Post by kcowan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Kimmy B wrote:I`m thrilled to say that unit A11 is no longer available! It`s mine... all mine! <:-)-
Congratulations. Our friend, Chris Wynn, and his mom have owned there for years. You will love it...

Kimmy B
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Kimmy B » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:20 am

Thanks, Keith! I thought I would have to wait 5-10 years longer (older) to do this -- I'm very excited and am already fielding reservations from family, friends and co-workers -- all dying to visit. Can I assume this will die down over time? :lol:

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Loma Del Mar

Post by chrisnick » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Loma Del Mar...anyone been here lately? May stay in A15 this February. Is it really close to the beach? In downtown PV???? What is close by?

Thanks guys!

Kimmy B
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Kimmy B » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi Chris, Loma del Mar is close to everything! 2 blocks to Los Muertos beach, 1 block from Olas Altas where there are plenty of resaurants & shops (are you familiar with Andales?). We're an easy walk to the rest of Old Town and even the Malecon. It's a 40 peso ($3.35 CA) taxi ride home. We also have a nice pool. You'll love it! I've been living here full time since August and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

loma del mar

Post by chrisnick » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:28 pm

This sounds like it might be the perfect place for us! Is the pool on the roof?? Can you see the ocean from there?

Kimmy B
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by Kimmy B » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:27 pm

No, the pool is in the garden between the buildings. No ocean view. If you want to see the ocean, you'll need to walk 2 whole blocks!

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Ah ok...they advertise ocean view but I figured that could be tough!