Mismoloya

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jrgfallbrook
PV Fan
PV Fan
Mismoloya

Post by jrgfallbrook » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:32 am

I have been told that all the restaurants and vendors have or are being removed from the public beach at Mismoloya. Is this true? :cry:

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:27 am

Yep, unfortunately it seems to be a done deal. Many have lived there for years, built homes, restaurants, etc. but like so many times happens in Mexico, the land did/does not belong to them. Along comes a developer with deep pockets and all of the sudden the land is worth more than the owners can turn down and unfortunately the squatters (even though they have been there for years) are told to get out. It happens all the time on ejido land which is what Mismoyola is. Many people strike agreements to take care of the land for owners who then die and they just stay there, unfortunately the verbal agreements do not stand up when it goes to court and they lose everything. Mexico is coming into the technological age and they have discovered GPS systems. Alot of the ejido land is now being surveyed by the Federal government and land encroachments are being corrected via what is on file with the government. Alot of the pushing and shoving on where the property boundries are/were according to who had the most money and power are now being corrected via surveys.

It is sad to see people pushed out of their homes and businesses but as Mexico comes of age, I think it will happen more often. No longer will a handshake count as a legal business deal, if it is not a recorded document it isn't going to hold water.

You watch the next area that it is going to happen to is Boca de Tomates. The majority of the people living there are squatters who have been there for years. As that area continues to develop someone is going to decide that is prime property for another hotel, if they can figure out how to keep it from getting flooded out when the river overflows in the rain.

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

update on mismaloya please

Post by rcracing » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:46 am

These posts caught my eye a few weeks back since we are going to p.v. in a few weeks and have always enjoyed spending an afternoon on the beach at mismaloya. Previous posts were about a year old, so are all the little beach restaurants gone now? :cry: If so, we may need to go to boca but it was always so nice to catch a panga ride out to los arcos and do a little snorkeling.

MontanaKimmie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by MontanaKimmie » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:09 am

We were just there in December 2009. The restaurants were open and lots of beach vendors everywhere. We went our fishing with Mismaloya Divers right there from the beach. Nothing has changed as far as we could see.

Kim

iyamscifi2
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by iyamscifi2 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:41 am

we were there in june 2010 and all was the same--i will check it out when i go in december or ask the locals that i know---so far though i never heard of this :shock:

aploj
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by aploj » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:34 am

It will change (they are regularizing the land) but not yet. In the case of Boca de Tomates, which was mentioned in one post, it actually was announced this week that the land was being regularized and a new Development Plan was being approved which means that all squatters will loose their land...

johnphall
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by johnphall » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks. I hope some could post pictures of the ordeal.

Cheers.