14 Story Condominium Pulpito Pinnacle Condominiums-

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

twah
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by twah » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:45 pm

Has anyone heard who the developers are for Pinnacles Condominium by name? They are trying to build a 14 store condominium on Pulpito on the site of the old Juniors at the end of the block where the stairs go back down to Pulpito. Does Puerto Vallarta need another monstrosity that blocks views like Molino de Augua...www.pinnaclepv.com

WannaPV
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by WannaPV » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Hey Twah, we visited this sales site in February, loved the sales office, which is supposed to turn into a hotel, however a few things to note, the brochure I have states that it (Pinnacle Properties) is a canadian-owned Mexican corporation, that has teamed up with Trama Architects. When we visited we were told that the developer was thinking of changing the scope of the building, rather than three units per floor, it would be two, and thus bringing the pricing down, and shotening the height of the building as well, they could offer no further information, and I havent not heard from them at all, even after an inquiry, they told us to look in a weeks time from the day we visited and that information would be available, its now mid April, I see nothing still. They also mentioned that Timonthy Fuller agency would be handling everything going forward, nothing there either. Although I did see the empty dirt hole they were planning to build on. http://www.timothyfuller.com/puerto_val ... ments.html

Hope some of this may help.

S./

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:07 pm

In my Spanish class, I met 2 of their inside sales reps. They said business was really slow. The sales office is on the old Juniors site but the building is planned for the old Indian restaurant just west of the Bai Sri location on the highway. These reps were fired in early March when the owners tried to step up sales activity by outsourcing to Tim Fuller.

I expect they need to achieve a presales quota before they will get their financing to build. No activity yet.

WannaPV
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by WannaPV » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Interesting, thanks for the information, but if the owners wanted to step up sales, then one would think that decisions on what they were going to actually build may have been in place rather than changing half way through. When we visited the sales people couldnt tell us anything about the project, a shame really. Pitty anyone who purchased already, thankfully we did not, but still hoping too at some point.

michalj72
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by michalj72 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:24 am

no activity there as of 10 days ago. except for the new Oxxo going up right in front of it in the lot along the highway at the pulpito corner.

I certainly hope they never build, unless they totally revamp and make the building fit in with the rest of the neighborhood, meaning 4-5 stories at most. what a shame what they have done along the coast with everything from Peninsula to molino de agua and up the mountainsides with Paramount and Avalon, much of which looks pretty forlorn and empty at night.

the whole Pinnacle thing is out of proportion as currently planned. obviously someone was paid off to accept such an absurdly tall design in such a modest neighborhood. also, the american economy being what it is I am rather doubtful they could give anything away at even 1/2 price right now in many of the recent developments all along Banderas bay.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Yes it is a bit of bad news. Dark towers along the Bay. We have never seen more than 8 of the 110 units occupied in Molina de Agua. Avalon is similar. We met a lady who regrets moving there from her home in Gringo Gulch.