New Art Gallery in Bucerias

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

What is your favourite style of art?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:09 am

Impressionism
No votes
Modern
No votes
Surrealism
No votes
Photorealism
No votes
Paint by numbers
No votes

Total votes: 0

netwark
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
New Art Gallery in Bucerias

Post by netwark » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:09 am

There is a new art gallery in the Bucerias Art Walk Plaza called Splurge.

Looking for local artists and International artists.

Contact us through -www.splurgegallery.com

splurgegallery
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Bucerias - Art Gallery (Splurge Gallery)

Post by splurgegallery » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:49 pm

After a very successful first year Splurge Art Gallery is pleased to announce that it is relocating to a larger gallery space in Las Palmas Bucerias, Nayarit, Mexico at the beginning of October 2010.

Splurge Art Gallery is set to move into its new space, located at Calle Lazaro Cardenas 60 Col. Las Palmas Bucerias, Nayarit, Mexico, in October 2010.

The gallery feature works by Carolina Echeverria (Chile), Kevin Jenne (Canada), and new works from Mexican natives Rafael Martinez and Marcos Antonio and other artistic talents. More details to follow.

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:45 pm

I have a friend named 'Art'. He's a laid back lower middle income kind of guy who went all out and bought that velvet on cloth picture of the dogs playing pool. I kinda like it myself, although I prefer and own some classic Beaudry, Sapp, and one piece by William Micheal Harnett. Oh and I can't forget the Bobby Orr rookie card either.

I also enjoy art when performed by the artist who performs their own music or creates wonderful beaded moccasins or gloves and other things like that which can be worn as a fashion statement kind of thing. We found that Aboriginal art including moccasins and purses, etc, from the North are made with beads that are sewn, while the Aboriginal beaded items from Mexico have been glued on. Can these items be found at this gallery?

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:10 am

Ronald: Please tell your friend Art that is velvet painting of the dogs palying pool is a fake! I have the one(and only)original. Sorry. Chuck... 8)

ronald
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ronald » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:54 am

I can't do that to poor Art... he's just too fragile... all the things in that wall hanging symbolize the life he used to have... can't smoke cigars in public anymore... the inability to hold the cue straight.... too old to learn new tricks, and that wooley french wife of his ran off with that bull dog.

PS: Give you five bucks for it... might help his self esteem?