Living With Dogs In Puerto Vallarta

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

consumero
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Living With Dogs In Puerto Vallarta

Post by consumero » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:16 pm

My husband and I are planning an extended (4 - 6 months) stay in Puerto Vallarta and surrounding areas next winter. We will be driving down from Canada with our 2 adult male Whippet dogs. Will we have problems with finding places to exercise them?...are dogs allowed on beachs?...are there dog parks?...any particular things we should be aware of regarding attitudes towards dogs? Thank you for any and all suggestions.

mason
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mason » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:29 am

mexico is quite relaxed with dogs. many people own one. although most dogs are kept in gardens rather than inside the house.

dogs can go on afew of the beaches.. and yes there are parks to walk them

do you have some where to stay?? is there anything i can help you with??

i am a dog cat and horse owner here in vallarta!!

consumero
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by consumero » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Thank you Mason for your very kind offer of help. We don't yet know where we will be staying. It may not be in Puerto Vallarta proper as it may be difficult to find a rental that will accept and be suitable for dogs. We need a 2 bed/2bath with a securely fenced garden. We have been looking on line but no joy so far.

Wonderful photo of you and your lovely horse - we will definitely come to your facility when we are down there. I love horses but do not ride.

mason
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mason » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:30 pm

consumero wrote:Thank you Mason for your very kind offer of help. We don't yet know where we will be staying. It may not be in Puerto Vallarta proper as it may be difficult to find a rental that will accept and be suitable for dogs. We need a 2 bed/2bath with a securely fenced garden. We have been looking on line but no joy so far.

Wonderful photo of you and your lovely horse - we will definitely come to your facility when we are down there. I love horses but do not ride.
there really are quite alot of places around to rent. atually being here in Vallarta will give you alot of choice. ill tell the lady who rented me this house about you and your dogs. im in a large 3 bedroom with no garden- comunity gardens ect with pool. many people here own a dog, afew large ones and some small ones like ours!. there are also some houses on rent in this same complex. the beach is across the road and wall mart is one block away.

rockypoint
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

puerto vallarta question

Post by rockypoint » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:12 pm

hi mason,
i am in mexico already and coming to pv soon i hope, do you know if the bus system goes from pv up to la cruz area? they say its 20 miles north of pv. i am selling my car and will be relying on the bus there for awhile, also looking for a room to stay in, i am traveling light and tight budget, any advice is appreciated. i already live in mexico (Im from arizona) andvisited pv 2 yrs ago and loved it..
thanks!
robin

leegleze
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by leegleze » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:41 pm

Busses run about every five to ten minutes from WalMart in PV to LaCruz/Punta Mita. If you're in central PV, you take a bus out to WalMart (6 1/2 pesos) and change to one that says LaCruz (there are usually people out there to guide you to the right bus, but all busses have their destinations printed on their front windows). It's 12 pesos from WalMart to Bucerias, where I get off, so it shouldn't be more than about 16 pesos to LaCruz. It should take you about an hour to make the trip since there's a bottleneck on the Rio Ameca bridge these days. Good luck!

rockypoint
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by rockypoint » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks for the info! I am bringing books to read while on the bus. I heard the bridge was having some issues, and it takes longer than normal to get there. Thanks again