More neighborhoods questions

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

deollafan
PV Fan
PV Fan
More neighborhoods questions

Post by deollafan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Okay, it's getting closer to retirement date and buying a place to live. I saw a couple of nice Mexican-style houses in two neighborhoods. One was in Col. 5 de Deciembre near Cuetas restaurant, and the other is in Col. Buenos Aires. I've lived in the first area before, but it was around 7 years ago in an apartment near the church. I know where the second neighborhood is, but I never went there for anything. I plan to live without a car. I'd like opinions on which neighborhood would be better, considering I do enjoy restaurants, etc., on the south side of Old Town.

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:22 pm

buenos aires is between the 2 tunnels. bus service is excellent, as lots of buses from dt and pitallal pass thru on the way to old town. close to the rio cuale.

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

area

Post by teatrolimon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:59 pm

right now there is a beutifull 2 bedrom with a very nice neighborhod
palmar del aramara

my home is in this colonial and there s absolutely nothing wrong with our peacefull part of paraice
the neighbors all help and watch each other

my neighbor actually has keys to the whole business and house we own
how safe is that

!!!!!!

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:03 am

I own a home in colonial buenos aries and love the area. It's roughly a 10 minute bus ride to the beach, children play in the streets, and my neighbours are nice.