FM3

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

des
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
FM3

Post by des » Wed May 19, 2010 12:35 am

We are moving in 2-3 months fulltime to PV anyone know the system for getting FM3? I was told by a friend they have changed the process, he said you must now get it in Mexico. We were going to get ours FM3 in Canada.

If you get the FM3 in Mexico what about the boarder and our stuff we bring over? Any information would be great.
thanks
des

rolazagasti
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by rolazagasti » Wed May 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Process did changed in 1 may 2010. Check mexperience.com. It is a good source of info on moving to Vallarta. We are doing the same soon.

dlanderso
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

FM3

Post by dlanderso » Wed May 19, 2010 11:45 pm

welcome to pv
we moved down from calgary 3 years ago and got our fm3 from the calgary?vancouver consul.all we had to do when we arrived was to have it registered inpv
BUT if you are bringing down household goods you must have a Menaje de Casa, which is a listing the consul will require in triplicate and in spanish, of every item you are bringing in. the consul in canada will sign this and attach it with your fm3. when you go through customs you show the document and there will be no taxes. you can only do this one time..no multiple trips to bring goods in. check with the canadian mexican consul nearest to you for the apps. you will have to have an RCMP criminal check {free} and 3 months bank statements showing a minimum monthly income of 1,500 dollars (this may have changed as to the amount) and is reduced by half if you own a property here...best advise is to go first to the exican consul in canada

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu May 20, 2010 8:15 am

rolazagasti is correct. The rules just changed as of 5/1/2010 and you can no longer get your FM3 without being in PV. To avoid any major problems I would check with the Mexican Consulate in Canada for how to handle bringing your personal belongings into the country.

You won't want to get stuck like one story I read where they had to put their belongings in storage in Arizona and drive down to PV to get the FM3 and then back to Arizona to get their belongings.

des
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

good idea

Post by des » Sun May 23, 2010 1:11 am

yes, I agree. We'll just make a trip to the consulate in Vancouver to be double sure what to expect.

des

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

FM3

Post by poppy » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm picking up my FM3 on Wednesday, July 14. I wanted to change the renewal date but the new system will not allow you to change it more than 180 days before the date you require, so I came a little early. They offered the option to let the FM3 expire on July 1 and apply for a new FM3 at my Mexican Consulate. You can get the FM3 from the Mexican Consulate, but you have to be here in Mexico to renew it. I have a car, so I didn't want to take a chance on not having a current FM3, so I chose to renew again. Info they gave me that I didn't know before: if your FM3 expires and you are here, you will incur a penalty. If your FM3 expires and you are in another country, you have 60 days to get here to renew without a penalty. I would like to have that in writing, but that's what they told me at immigration. You can get the renewal form off their website. They still need your last two bank statements and a copy of info page of your passport. They did not require a copy of the entire passport, unless you had a name change that is stamped in the back, like I did. New photos: Ladies Beware! Take a headband: you cannot have one strand of hair on your face and no jewelry. Front and side views. You still need to go to the bank and pay the fee and get two copies of the receipt and bring it back to them.

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

fm3

Post by PV Patty » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:32 pm

I also will be moving to P.V. for good, in a year. I am working on all the details.

Question is for Des,

Did you go to the Vancouver Mexican Consulate? What happened?

Patty - another Vancouverite :)

leegleze
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by leegleze » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:52 pm

The best site I've found to explain all the intricacies and regulations of moving to Mexico is www.rollybrook.com . He updates the site regularly. As one Canuck to another, pleeezzze check it out. It'll eliminate a lot of your anxiety.

leegleze
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by leegleze » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention this web page, where a note from the Canadian Consulate as to the paperwork required by the Mexican Consulate in Vancouver. http://jaltembajalapeno.com/lang/en/for ... to-mexico/ The entire site is great, as it has step-by-step instructions as to how to fill out your FM3 application online (with screen shots of each step), and oodles of other helpful info. Just look in the sidebar for great stuff! They also mention Rolly's website for an excellent example of a Menaje de Casa.

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

FM3

Post by PV Patty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:34 pm

Thanks Lee, will check out the sites once I get to work! hahahahaa....

Patty

poppy
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Rules Changes for FM3

Post by poppy » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:46 am

Mexican laws have changed again. You can no longer change the renewal date for your FM3 (according to Immigration office two weeks ago). If you want to change the renewal date, you have to cancel your current FM3 and start all over again.

ladygogo1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by ladygogo1 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:44 am

They are changing again as well. everythign will be on a points system starting sometime next year. They are also looking intoi enforcing no more than 180 day Visa per year. So no leaving and coming back after 180 days with a new Visa for 180 days. You will have to get a resident card.

Smurseattagma
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Help with credit card Machine

Post by Smurseattagma » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:46 pm

First, www.puertovallarta.net probably isnt the right website to post this. Sorry, but im desperate. You users seem to be proficient with computer related equipment. We have a credit card machine and everything was working good until we went from comcast cable to DSL. Our credit card machine now will NOT connect through ethernet..only dial up. We have checked our router that it is plugged into and the port is lit so we know its connected. All of our computers connect to the net all day long without issues .Anyone have any ideas!?!? Thanks in advance! http://www.carpet-cleaning-lasvegas.com