La Pechuga

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

roostershooter
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
La Pechuga

Post by roostershooter » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi all! I am considering the purchase of a condo in the 5 de Deciembre or La Pechuga area and was wondering what folks thought of that area up on the hill? To start out with, I would not have a car and would walk downtown, taxi back. Is the area safe and considered a good part of town to live in? I sure liked the area, the views are definately incredible. Thanks for any and all commnets, insignts.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Re: La Pechuga

Post by kcowan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:53 pm

roostershooter wrote:Is the area safe and considered a good part of town to live in? I sure liked the area, the views are definately incredible. Thanks for any and all commnets, insignts.
There should be some really good buys there now as prices are off 25-30% from 2007. The only negative issue is that the neighborhoods below are very Mexican and you will hear barking dogs and crowing roosters at night from many blocks away. Keep the doors closed and you will be fine.

roostershooter
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by roostershooter » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:09 pm

The prices seem to be very reasonble from the sellers that are really interested in selling! The area I am looking at is just a couple of blocks up the hill from the market in 5 de Diecembre.