Page 1 of 1

Teaching English

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:14 am
by deollafan
Planning to finally make the move sometime after the first of the year. Plan to rent an apartment for a year before actually purchasing a place. My question is this: I have sufficient retirement income to be comfortable. My partner has a smaller monthly income and would like to supplement his income by teaching English. The extra income would not be a critical need but would be helpful. We already have researched the ins and outs of the different types of visas needed. Is a teaching job in Vallarta a viable option? I used to know several Americans and Canadians who did that full or part time. He does have TEFL certification but not a bachelor's.


Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:15 pm
by webmaster
From what I gather of the Mexican immigration rules now, you need a minimum of 2000 dollars a month income to be able to stay permanently and I guess to have a visa where you'd be able to earn money in the country... anyone have any more reliable info?