Setting up a business in Vallarta

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Is conducting business in PV (as a foreigner) more difficult than Canada/US?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

Canadian83
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Setting up a business in Vallarta

Post by Canadian83 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi all,

New to these forums, a long time reader/first time poster on these forums. I'm a Canadian planning on starting up a business down in PV was wondering if anyone could direct me to the right people to get in touch with. I'm looking to set up a stand and need access to PV's waters (boat business). Some people have said not to go through a lawyer, others have said to contact other Canadian business owners down there. From what I've read this is a very helpful community here, hoping someone can provide me some insight into what steps need to be followed in order to get a business licence. Looking forward to hearing from many of you hopefully.

Kindest Regards,

Mun
Last edited by Canadian83 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:37 am

Darned good question, Mun. However, it's not a question that is a good "poll" question. You do not need or want people's opinions. You want factual information.

I'm looking forward to reading answers, especially from Kat and a couple others. Good luck! Chuck... 8)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 am

I am a little confused by your post. You said you want to set up a stand but need access to PV's waters (boat business)? What type of "stand" do you want to set up and why the access to PV waters?

Canadian83
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Canadian83 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:59 am

Thanks for the replies, I will delete the poll. Oh the stand would just be a side business, I was thinking an organic juice stand (wheat grass juice, sprout juice, etc) a small stand in a high traffic area that's all. It's not the main idea though.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:04 pm

So now I am totally lost???? What type of business do yow want to do, if the organic juices would be just a side business?

You have to find a location that will allow you to operate that type of stand and then apply for a permit, but why do you need access to PV waters for an organic fruit stand?

You say you want information but in order to get it you need to give us some details. There are many requirements for opening a business and I wouldn't try to do it blind without some legal knowledge, nor would I trust word of mouth information. It ain't easy. :)

Canadian83
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Canadian83 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Sorry for the confusion, main business is a boat business. My friend and I would like to also do a stand together as a secondary business that's what I meant to say, my apologies.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:15 pm

OK, I am not confused anymore. :D

There are a million questions/answers to give you the info you need. You need a good attorney and a lot of patience to put the boat in your name and then it has yo be a joint ownership with a National (that you can trust). First you need a boat, a place to dock it, get it registered and licensed to operate in Mexican waters, a permit to take tourists, a Mexican captain, insurance, a permit for every activity you want to do and that is just for starters.

Boat parts/equipment are 3 times the price they are in the US, I don't know how that would compare to Canada's prices. Should I go on???? :)

You might want to send me a PM :)